How to Install an Updater
In some particular situations, the MultiCharts support team can send a link to download an updater file. Such an archive file may contain a hot fix for an existing issue, extended logging modules, etc. Here are the instructions on how to unpack and install the file:
- Close MultiCharts and all its applications (QuoteManager, PowerLanguage Editor, Portfolio Trader and 3D Optimization Charts).
- Run Windows Task Manager (right-click on the windows clock -> run Task Manager) and make sure that all MultiCharts Processes are finished. If a MultiCharts process is still there after 20 seconds, end it manually.
- Right click the archive, go to Properties and check the Unblock box in the bottom of the window (if this option is displayed).
- Unzip the archive.
- Run the Updater.exe and click on the Update button.
- Scroll up in the updater log to make sure there are no errors. If there is an error, contact the MultiCharts support team.
- Close the updater. An issue should be fixed or additional functional be enabled; MultiCharts can be launched.