MultiCharts log files can be used by the MultiCharts Technical Support team to explain unexpected behavior in the software/its functions or when a situation is not clear and further analysis is needed. Logs, together with screenshots, videos, workspaces, exported scripts and exported symbols can be reviewed when investigating reported issues.
How Log Files Are Generated
By default when MultiCharts is installed, the standard level of logging is enabled. It is enough to investigate most issues and it doesn't slow down the operation system very much. From the moment Multichart's installer is run, software logs are written down in a particular location. Logs are generated when MultiCharts is launched, the software runs, and logs stay saved even after all MultiCharts products are closed down. The files will stay available no matter how much time has passed, but once MultiCharts is launched again the log files from the previous session are erased and new files are written in the same location.
How to Send Log Files
In MultiCharts 8.0 Release and higher versions
- Select Help in the main menu
- Select Feedback
- Click Send logs.
For MultiCharts 8.0 Release Candidate and older versions (How to collect logs and send them)
- Click the Windows Start menu by clicking on the Windows Start button.
- Programs / All Programs.
- MultiCharts (folder).
- Logs (right-click) → Properties → Open file location.
- Note: In some cases the "Logs" icon may look like an unknown file due to your OS configuration. In most cases after repairing MultiCharts the icon returns the correct view (folder).
- In the opened window one can find folders with log files.
- Note: Log files of some supported brokers in MultiCharts (for example: Trading Technologies and others) or special extended logs are located one level up in the folder. Please, go one level up and follow the next step of the instructions to have all log files covering any possible issue.
- Select all folders and files (except Cache folder) → right-click on any of them → Send to → Compressed zip folder.
- The zipped archive should be forwarded to MultiCharts tech. support.