MultiCharts log files can be used by MultiCharts Technical Support team to explain an unexpected behavior of the software or its functions when situation is not clear and it requires further deep analysis. Logs together with screenshots, videos, workspaces, exported scripts and exported symbols can be also reviewed for investigation of the reported issues.
How Log Files Are Generated
By default when MultiCharts is installed, the standard level of logging is enabled. It is enough for investigation of most issues and it doesn't slow down operation system much. From the moment of running the installer of MultiCharts software logs are written down to the particular location. Logs are generated when MultiCharts is launched, the software works and logs stay saved even after all MultiCharts products are closed. The files will stay available no matter how much time passed, but once MultiCharts is launched again the log files from previous session are erased and new files are written down to the same location.
How to Send Log Files
In MultiCharts 8.0 Release and higher version
- Select Help in the main menu
- Select Feedback
- Click Send logs.
For MultiCharts 8.0 Release Candidate and below (or how to collect the logs and send them)
- Windows Start menu by clicking on the Windows Start button.
- Programs / All Programs.
- MultiCharts (folder).
- Logs (right-click) → Properties → Open file location.
- Note: In some cases the "Logs" icon may look like an unknown file due to your OS configuration. In most cases after repair of MultiCharts the icon returns the correct view (folder).
- In the opened window one can find folders with log files.
- Note: Log files of some supported brokers in MultiCharts (for example: Trading Technologies and others) or special extended logs are located in the folder 1 level up. Please, go 1 level up and follow the next step of the instruction to have all log files covering any possible issue.
- Select all folders and files (except Cache folder) → right-click on any of them → Send to → Compressed zip folder.
- The zipped archive should be forwarded to MultiCharts tech. support.