Starting from MultiCharts 11 Beta 1 version, Restore application will help you restore or recover MultiCharts settings and user data from the MultiCharts backup file.
Before you run Restore, make sure that MultiCharts is closed and no MultiCharts Processes are running in Task Manager.
To Launch Restore Application:
- Click Windows Start button;
- Select All Programs;
- Find your MultiCharts version;
- Click Restore.
MultiCharts Restore cannot be started now as MultiCharts processes are currently running. Please close all MultiCharts processes and restart MultiCharts Restore.
When MultiCharts Restore application is launched you need to select the backup file which you want to restore data from.
In Contents section, you will see date and time when the backup archive was created, archive version and current MultiCharts version you are trying to restore the data to, whether data can be restored or not: the possible options are “Yes” and “Partially”.
- If you see “Yes” in “Can be Restored” field, it means the data can be fully restored to the current version of MultiCharts that you selected.
- If you see “Partially” in “Can be Restored” field, it means that some data cannot be restored to the version of MultiCharts that you selected.
- You will see which settings cannot be restored under Application Settings, you will see “No” under data that cannot be restored.
To Restore Data
Click Show Restore Options button to see all restore options:
- Check / uncheck the Application Settings checkbox if you want to restore the window layout settings, hotkeys, commissions, MultiCharts preferences, automated and manual trading settings and the data storage options in QuoteManager.
- Check / uncheck the Instrument List and Settings checkbox if you want to restore the list of instruments, the instrument settings and Symbol Dictionary. Enabling this option does not restore the data of the instruments. To restore the instrument data please mark the «Instrument Data» checkbox.
- Check / uncheck the Instrument Data checkbox if you want to restore the data of all the instruments in QuoteManager.
- Check / uncheck the Studies (Functions, Signals and Indicators) checkbox if you want to restore copy your studies. Read-Only studies cannot be restored as they are not backed up.
- Check / uncheck the Order & Position Tracker Data checkbox if you want to restore your trading history.
- Check / uncheck the Private Authentication Data checkbox if you want to restore the data that may contain personal information such as logins and passwords for broker or data feed connections.
- Check / uncheck the Data Feed Settings checkbox if you want to restore the settings of all the data feeds.
- Check / uncheck the Broker Profiles checkbox if you want to restore the settings of all the broker profiles.
- Check / uncheck the E-mail Alert Settings checkbox if you want to restore the settings to access the E-mail server.
- Check / uncheck the Custom Resolution Plugins checkbox to restore Custom Resolution Plugins.
It is also possible to restore User Data such as workspaces, desktops, portfolio workspaces, studies, etc. The following file types can be restored – mcd, wsp, pws, ors, pln, pla and tml.
- Check / uncheck the Desktop checkbox if you want to restore any user data in the following formats: mcd, wsp, pws, ors, pln, pla and tml.
Under Restore Progress Settings there is an option to make a backup of the data that will be overwritten. Click Lookup button to select the folder where the collected files will be located. The file name will be generated automatically. After that click Restore button.
When Restore is complete you will see one of the possible notification messages:
- Restore completed successfully. Click this message to view the log.
- Restore completed with errors. Click this message to view the log.
- Restore failed. Impossible to restore the file. Click this message to run FeedBack.