When a strategy/signal script is recalculated
Customers notice a change in strategy performance results after some events in MultiCharts, for example when comparing backtesting and live trading results or comparing 2 charts' strategy calculation results. The following events should be taken into consideration.
A strategy is recalculated (backtested) when:
- MultiCharts is closed and restarted,
- Auto-trading is turned on,
- Any setting from Strategy Properties window is changed and OK is clicked,
- Any setting of any signal in Format Signal: ... is changed and OK is clicked,
- Any setting of the chart is changed and OK is clicked,
- Chart is reloaded,
- Chart is copy-pasted (the strategy is recalculated on the copy of the original chart),
- Any signal applied to this chart is re-compiled in the PowerLanguage Editor.