How to Install an Updater
In some particular situations, the MultiCharts support team can send a link to download an updater file. Such an archive file may contain a hot fix for an existing issue, extended logging modules, etc. Here are the instructions on how to unpack and install the file:
- Please close MultiCharts and all its applications (QuoteManager, PowerLanguage Editor, Portfolio Trader and 3D Optimization Charts).
- Run Windows Task Manager (rigth-click on the windows clock -> run Task Manager) and make sure that all MultiCharts Processes are finished. If a MultiCharts process is still there after 20 seconds, end it manually.
- Unzip the archive. Then run the Updater.exe and click on the “Update” button.
- Scroll up in the updater log to make sure there are no errors. If there is an error, contact the MultiCharts support team.
- Close the updater. An issue should be fixed or additional functional be enabled; MultiCharts can be launched.