Swing/Pivot Points

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Eric1704

Swing/Pivot Points

Postby Eric1704 » 10 May 2024

Is there a way to reference several swing/pivot highs and lows in Multi Chart? Like look back at last 5 swing/pivot highs and so on.
Thanks.

TJ

Re: Swing/Pivot Points

Postby TJ » 10 May 2024

First, you have to define what is a swing/pivot?

Do you have an indicator calculating the swing/pivot?
If you do, then it is a matter of creating a variable to store the high/lows so that you can recall them later.

HellGhostEvocatorX

Postby HellGhostEvocatorX » 13 May 2024

So in mutlicharts.net there are zigzag indicators. is this what you are looking for. If you want to work with market technical highs and lows, you actually first have to define what you want to see as high and low points. There are various ways to determine these, including using the time frame: look back x days and find the highest /lowest point. then the question is on what basis: close price, or taking into account the highs and lows?

I'm currently working on a system (according to Larry Williams in mutlicharts.net) and it's really taken a lot of brain power out of me... I'm taking the high and lows of the bars into account here - a special feature here are so-called outside bars. So if you would like a general exchange, I can help you here, but I don't know power language

In mutlicharts.net there is also a built-in function like swinghigh, I think this was taken from powerlanguage

https://uploads.TS.com/upload ... erence.pdf
uploads.TS.com/uploads/EasyLanguage-Functions-and-Reserved-Words-Reference.pdf

You will find this again in these instructions on page 340. As far as I know, easylanguage and powerlanguage are almost identical

You could store the points themselves in a list or array and then refer to them.
Attachments
MLW.png
(159.83 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by HellGhostEvocatorX on 13 May 2024, edited 1 time in total.

HellGhostEvocatorX

Postby HellGhostEvocatorX » 13 May 2024

hmm I can't open the link here via the forum, if necessary search "easy language pdf" on Google and it was the second hit for me
Attachments
ELSH.png
(141.98 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “MultiCharts”