Tick File Import

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
davewolfs

Tick File Import

Postby davewolfs » 06 Feb 2013

I am trying to import tick data. Is there a means to import the bid/ask and trade information in a single file or must I do this separately?

My issue with doing this separately is that my tick data is time stamped by the minute (CQG sourced) but the order of my data itself is correct.

Please advise.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Tick File Import

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 Feb 2013

I am trying to import tick data. Is there a means to import the bid/ask and trade information in a single file or must I do this separately?
Hello davewolfs,

Each quote field should be imported individually. You can have them in the same file but import 1 by 1(select other quote fields columns as Undefined).

davewolfs

Postby davewolfs » 08 Feb 2013

Hello davewolfs,

Each quote field should be imported individually. You can have them in the same file but import 1 by 1(select other quote fields columns as Undefined).
This makes no sense in my case. Since the quotes have the exact same timestamp as the trade data. How could MC possibly know which quotes happens before or after the trades?

Is there a way to associate as tick id with an import file?

Henry MultiСharts

This makes no sense in my case. Since the quotes have the exact same timestamp as the trade data. How could MC possibly know which quotes happens before or after the trades?

Historical bars are plotted in the same order they were imported from a file.
In realtime there is a tick id assigned to each tick.

davewolfs

Historical bars are plotted in the same order they were imported from a file.
In realtime there is a tick id assigned to each tick.
There might be a workaround if I create mock timestamps. What is the minimum timestamp resolution that is supported. Can milliseconds be handled?

Henry MultiСharts

There might be a workaround if I create mock timestamps. What is the minimum timestamp resolution that is supported. Can milliseconds be handled?
Milliseconds are not currently supported. Please vote for the corresponding feature request.

davewolfs

Milliseconds are not currently supported. Please vote for the corresponding feature request.
I don't really care about the timestamp per say. I just want a way to define that a quote came before a trade.

Return to “MultiCharts”