Commissions Calculation on Binance

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
DanielFXS

Commissions Calculation on Binance

Postby DanielFXS » 20 Feb 2021

Hi,
I've set up a portfolio trading on binance. I'm trading spot using AA mode. This is all good but when I take a trade the amount of contracts on my portfolio shown in multicharts is offset compared the binance. This is due to the commissions calculated. Binance calculates commissions differently, for example;
I send a market order to buy 1 btc. - multicharts shows I've bought 1 btc - binance shows I've bought 0.999 btc.
This wouldn't be an issue only that when I close my position, multicharts will send an order to sell 1 btc when in reality I only have 0.999 btc. This will result in an error.

Is there a way to set up the commissions so that the position size includes the subtracted commission?

I'm trying to do a work around in my strategy script but can't think of a way that doesn't alter the backtesting.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

DanielFXS

Re: Commissions Calculation on Binance

Postby DanielFXS » 20 Feb 2021

Update:

I've found a work around using the ChangeMarketPosition function. I've put this into my script and use it to subtract from the contracts. It's bit complicated but seems to work.

If their is a better way such as using the multicharts built in commissions please let me know.

Thanks

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Commissions Calculation on Binance

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 25 Feb 2021

Hello DanielFXS,

Broker and MultiCharts position mismatches are expected if Asynchronous Mode of Auto Trading (AA) is used.
You can find more info about it here.

Please try using Synchronous Mode of Auto Trading (SA).

Return to “MultiCharts”