Portfolio Trader Initial Capital  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
al68

Portfolio Trader Initial Capital

Postby al68 » 16 Nov 2022

Hello.
I've 2 portfolio strategies that must work with 2 different brokers: strategyA with brokerA and strategyB with brokerB.
If I have the same amount of money on both brokers (let's say for example 50.000$ on brokerA and 50.000$ on brokerB) I will set "Initial Portfolio Capital" (on the PortfolioTrader) equal to 100.000.
But what happens if I have a different amount of capital on the two brokers (for example 50.000 and 70.000)?
Should I set the Initial Capital equal to 120.000 and expect to see some trades rejected by the brokerA (the one with less capital)?
Or should I set the Initial Capital equal to 100.000 and expect not to be completely invested on the brokerB (the one with more capital)?
Is there any other way or solution?
I use the last MC14 version.
Thank you in advance

Polly MultiCharts

Re: Portfolio Trader Initial Capital

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 16 Nov 2022

Hello al68,

In MultiCharts Portfolio Trader Money Management settings and Initial Capital are applied to the whole portfolio. If you’d like to set different initial capitals for different strategies, you can create two separate instances of Portfolio Trader for each of the strategy and broker.

If you’d like to continue trading in one instance you need to create a Portfolio Money Management Signal with specific conditions that will meet your needs. You may use these keywords for reference (starting with ‘pmms’).

al68

Postby al68 » 16 Nov 2022

I hoped there was an easier way, but as somebody said, "there are no free meals in finance".
Many thanks anyway.
P.S. can I suggest MultiCharts to provide some more examples of Portfolio Strategies?

Polly MultiCharts

Re: Portfolio Trader Initial Capital  [SOLVED]

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 17 Nov 2022

al68,

You can open the script of pre-built signals for reference in PowerLanguage Editor in File->Open->check the ‘Signals’ box->signals starting with ‘Portfolio’ (e.g. Portfolio_Rotation_MM) and modify it to your needs.
As for adding more pre-built signals, you can post your request at our Project Management.
If it is popular among our users, our developers will review the possibility of adding them.

al68

Postby al68 » 17 Nov 2022

Many thanks again.

Return to “MultiCharts”