An issue found after upgrade to 14.0 release 7

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
hadenxu

An issue found after upgrade to 14.0 release 7

Postby hadenxu » 09 Feb 2023

today, I upgraded Multicharts to 14.0 release 7 and upgrade my IB TWS to the latest. and i deleted my symbol and then re-added them. I found that i could not connect those symbols(collect RT date w/o plotting). when i tried to do so, the Quote Manager gave me the error message: "No security definition has been found for the request". the symbols that have this issue are @ZN and ZN Futures. i tried QQQ. it is good without any issue.

then i downgraded to 14.0 release 6, and downgraded IB TWS to 10.20.1d. the issue disappeared.

this Topic is to log this issue and to see if anybody encounters the same issue after upgrade..

i have reported this issue via Live Chat to Multichats and I have sent out the log file.

Kate MultiCharts

Re: An issue found after upgrade to 14.0 release 7

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 09 Feb 2023

Dear Users,

This case is being investigated by the development team.

If you encounter the same behaviour, please send us logs for analysis via the main MultiCharts window -> Help -> Feedback.
Please select the options:
Attach a screenshot;
Attach log files…;
Attach minidump for crash analysis;
Snapshot of the current MC setup;
Open workspaces…;
Upload collected data to Help Desk;
uncheck other options and click Send.

Kate MultiCharts

Re: An issue found after upgrade to 14.0 release 7

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 15 Mar 2023

hadenxu,

After the discussion with the IB team, we’re happy to announce the solution.

To resolve the "No security definition has been found for the request" error in MultiCharts 14 Release 8 (or Release 7), please apply the following setting in IB TWS/Gateway: Global Configuration > API > Settings > in the "Send instrument-specific attributes for dual-mode API client in" drop-down box select “instrument timezone”.

Return to “MultiCharts”