TS Data No Longer Working After Server Upgrade

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
pmw

TS Data No Longer Working After Server Upgrade

Postby pmw » 22 Aug 2023

Hello,

I've used TS data for backtesting in Multicharts before. I recently upgraded the server I'm running on and I am no longer able to access TS data.

It simply says: No Data.

I have TS running as I thought that might be the issue. Does anyone have an idea where I might look to solve this issue?

Thanks,
Philip

Kate MultiCharts

Re: TS Data No Longer Working After Server Upgrade

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 23 Aug 2023

Hello Philip,

Please follow these steps to troubleshoot:
  1. Make sure the correct TS version is selected in MultiCharts in QuoteManager -> Tools -> Data Sources -> TS.
  2. Close both MC and TS and check that there are no MC or TS processes left in Task Manager -> Details tab -> Description column.
  3. Start TS and MC as administrator: right-click the shortcut -> Run as administrator.
  4. Plot a TS chart with a 1 day back from today data range and reload it (View -> Reload).
If there’s still ‘No Data’, please attach a screenshot of your chart and of the Event Log in QuoteManager.

pmw

Postby pmw » 25 Aug 2023

Hi Kate,

Thanks for your help.

I think the issue might be step one - after install of the new server I was forced to update TS and now I'm on version 10.00.06.1167. When I go to QuoteManager -> Tools -> Data Sources -> TS I see the version as 10.00.00. There's a drop down menu but no other options listed.

How do I go about adding a new version of TS?

Thanks,
Philip

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 28 Aug 2023

Philip,

TS versions are displayed as recorded in the registry, 10.00.00 should be sufficient.
Kindly try the rest of the steps if you haven't already.

Return to “MultiCharts”