MultiCharts 6 is coming soon... See enclosed.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Andrew Kirillov

MultiCharts 6 is coming soon... See enclosed.

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 29 Oct 2009

We are completing MultiCharts 6 and will launch beta testing in November.
The long-awaited playback and order/position tracker is done. As well as other exciting features...

Attachments
MC6.PNG
(125.34 KiB) Downloaded 2261 times

TJ

Postby TJ » 29 Oct 2009

that's great news !
get your champaign ready !

SUPER

Postby SUPER » 29 Oct 2009

Andrew,

Glad to know that MC 6 with enhanced features will be out soon,

It would be nice if you can include current price arrow and reversal point on your Point & Figure chart, similar to what TS has.

Regards
Super
Attachments
P&F.jpg
(81.35 KiB) Downloaded 2277 times

ABC

Postby ABC » 29 Oct 2009

Very impressive. Thank you and keep up the good work.

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 29 Oct 2009

Great news ! Looks great, I'm looking forward to checking it out !

traderstuff

Re: MultiCharts 6 is coming soon... See enclosed.

Postby traderstuff » 29 Oct 2009

We are completing MultiCharts 6 and will launch beta testing in November.
The long-awaited playback and order/position tracker is done. As well as other exciting features...

Yes, Good News indeed Andrew!

I've had some long term illness but hopefully once again will be in the midst of the trading arena.

Best of everything ~

Emmanuel

Postby Emmanuel » 30 Oct 2009

:D :D :D COOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

This is GREAT News Andrew !!! :!: :!:

:D :D :D :D

Emmanuel

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 30 Oct 2009

Sounds good Andrew. Thanks for the hard work.

Assuming the playback is being used as another word for the replay, is there a user manual kicking around for it (even if it is just the specs given to the programmers which often serves as a good starting point for a user manual)?

The reason I ask is I am going to treat the purchase of 6.0 with exactly the same strategy I used for my decision to upgrade from Qcharts to MC in the first place. Specifically I will have a spreadsheet list of features/functions I will test over the trial period month and once the spreadsheet is ready the MC 6.0 evaluation will be a full time activity until I make my decision. It takes a while to create the test list and I do it by having it open during the trading day so I can add tests I have to do based upon my activity over a month or so. As you might guess the list of tests gets very large and I will not pull down the demo until I feel the list is complete. A replay manual would be used to add to the list of stuff to test.

Thanks,
John.

marekj

Postby marekj » 30 Oct 2009

Andrew,

I'm counting that multiple active orders handling (changing one of them and not canceling others) is going to be corrected in 6.0.

Regards,

Marek

arnie

Postby arnie » 30 Oct 2009

NICE

I'm looking forward to the playback feature.

Will it work only for strategies or can we playback a simple chart, any kind of chart, for example, a 1 minute bar chart of the ES as if the markets was open.

Imagine we where out today and at he end, when we arrive home, we want to playback, or as bowlesj3 called it, replay the trading day so we could test some idea that we had.

Well, let's wait and see :)

Regards,
Fernando

aljafp

Postby aljafp » 30 Oct 2009

Guys, Keep up the good work.

smashthepound

Postby smashthepound » 31 Oct 2009

:lol: :lol: :lol: I will love it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Andrew !!! Keep up the good work !!!

One recomendation - I am not sure if you have already implemented it -

Can we have the box size also in per Cent ???

This will be of great advantage in Forex ... please see attached ...

regards

Tobias
Attachments
EURUSD_PFP_perCent.gif
(30.42 KiB) Downloaded 2286 times

LRP

Postby LRP » 01 Nov 2009

Dear Andrew

Your announcements looks and sounds very good. :D
Could you please implement active "ChartTrading" abilities?
As I rememder this "Killer-Feature" is as well since a long time on the wishlist of a lot of traders out there.
Thank you very much
Cordially. LRP

swisstrader

New features ...

Postby swisstrader » 03 Nov 2009

Thank you so much for the good news. Long time waited for the new chart types. Now we have it. P'nF!!!!
:D

Best regards from Switzerland

-swisstrader

momentum

Postby momentum » 03 Nov 2009

Andrew, is there a road map for 6.0 so we can decide whether to upgrade?

Is Trading from a Chart one of your proposed implementation?

valabhi

Will MC 6 include DOm?

Postby valabhi » 04 Nov 2009

please include dom

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 09 Nov 2009

Andrew,

Glad to know that MC 6 with enhanced features will be out soon,

It would be nice if you can include current price arrow and reversal point on your Point & Figure chart, similar to what TS has.

Regards
Super
It is done!

Andrew Kirillov

Sounds good Andrew. Thanks for the hard work.

Assuming the playback is being used as another word for the replay, is there a user manual kicking around for it (even if it is just the specs given to the programmers which often serves as a good starting point for a user manual)?

The reason I ask is I am going to treat the purchase of 6.0 with exactly the same strategy I used for my decision to upgrade from Qcharts to MC in the first place. Specifically I will have a spreadsheet list of features/functions I will test over the trial period month and once the spreadsheet is ready the MC 6.0 evaluation will be a full time activity until I make my decision. It takes a while to create the test list and I do it by having it open during the trading day so I can add tests I have to do based upon my activity over a month or so. As you might guess the list of tests gets very large and I will not pull down the demo until I feel the list is complete. A replay manual would be used to add to the list of stuff to test.

Thanks,
John.

Dear John,
We don't have a user manual for the playback yet, but we are 100% confident you don't need it. It is simple as DVD player and powerful. You can mix several data streams in the single chart window, you can playback using bars or ticks, you can playback data in the scanner.
I believe that we’ve created the most powerful playback available.

Andrew Kirillov

Andrew,

I'm counting that multiple active orders handling (changing one of them and not canceling others) is going to be corrected in 6.0.

Regards,

Marek
Marek,
It will not be improved in MC 6, but we are setting higher priority for this feature.

Marek

Andrew Kirillov

Will it work only for strategies or can we playback a simple chart, any kind of chart, for example, a 1 minute bar chart of the ES as if the markets was open.

Imagine we where out today and at he end, when we arrive home, we want to playback, or as bowlesj3 called it, replay the trading day so we could test some idea that we had.

You can play any chart the way it worked in the past. So it is a time machine. It works for indicators and strategies.

arnie

Postby arnie » 09 Nov 2009

You can play any chart the way it worked in the past. So it is a time machine. It works for indicators and strategies.
:D :D

I'm really looking forward to get my hands on that "time machine" :wink:

Regards,
Fernando

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 09 Nov 2009

Thanks Andrew. I guess I should start preparing to try it.

Your email notices of posts I am involved with is strange. It started to work again then it stopped.

marekj

Postby marekj » 11 Nov 2009

Andrew,

Fair enough, but myself I will postpone upgrade to next version of MultiCharts until multiple order handling is corrected. After it I will be more then happy to pay 6.0+ upgrade fee (only this feature directly improves my profitability without any strategy code change).

Marek

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 11 Nov 2009

Of the more useful aspects to the replay feature [assuming it can replay a multi chart workspace just like a workspace operates on a standard trading day] is this can be used to test studies which can only be tested with a live feed (in other words testing these studies requires that lots of ticks are coming in at standard speed). Testing program changes on the e-mini with the Sunday night live feed is slow and often I am not in the mood to test. At present I often test these types of program enhancements Monday morning. Testing with a replay Sunday afternoon or Saturday would be useful.

glen demarco

Postby glen demarco » 16 Nov 2009

Can't wait great job guys! BTW has anyone expressed interest in Renko charts. eSignal has them available but it's well documentated on their site that there do not function properlu, ie,. indicators dirift, on a backtest the proffits numbers are inflated astromonically.

thanks

GLen

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 24 Nov 2009

Here you go Glen:
http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=6892
You can playback and back test on renko charts.

arnie

Postby arnie » 24 Nov 2009

Hi Andrew.

While eagerly waiting for MC 6.0 :D , I'd like to know if you guys add some of these previous requests:

- Detach study windows in PLE so we can use multiple monitors.
PLE detached windows

- Resize format symbol window so we be able to see the entire symbol and/or description
Resize format symbol window

- When we open MC in offline mode and then decide to go online, we need to close it and reopen it again. It would be nice to have a button to connect and disconnect directly inside MC.
Connect Disconnect option

- Add more plots, like the description of each symbol. Also the ability to leave a open cell for us to write whatever we want.
Scanner Window enhancements

- Rearrange workspaces tabs
Workspace rearrange

- Add the folders as shown in this Chart
Studies and Signals management

Regarding to the folders in PLE navigator, why everytime that I open a study directly from windows explorer or from Outlook (throught an email that I received), if those folders are open in the navigator, when importing the study open from the places mention above, all opened folders closed.

- Some kind of safe mode to edit studies without messing with the "original". Also the PLE cursor to be available to edit the study everytime and error is found.
Study protection

Regards,
Fernando

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 26 Nov 2009

"We are completing MultiCharts 6 and will launch beta testing in November. "
Only 4 days left in November- is the beta version still scheduled for NOV ?

hero

Postby hero » 30 Nov 2009

MC6 Beta

Been looking forward to this. Guess the release is delayed. Do you have a new estimated release date?

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 13 Dec 2009

Hi Andrew,

Can it replay all a trader's standard charts they use during the trading day (in effect replay their exact setup simulating a live feed and with no regard for how many charts are receiving the replay data)?

What is the latest hoped for release date? Being a former full time programmer I realize that the setting exact deadlines for release is not really realisitc (estimating software is not like estimating the building of a house which stays pretty consistent) but I also know that as the time nears the deadline estimates become more and more accurate as there is less and less to do and thus less and less room for error.

Thanks,
John.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 14 Dec 2009

John,
Yes it can. We haven’t tested it on 100 charts, but it works fine for reasonable number of charts.
You assumptions are correct; we had to delay since we added some features we didn’t intend to include originally. Plus some bug fixing took longer than expected.
The release will be done this week.

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 14 Dec 2009

John,
Yes it can. We haven’t tested it on 100 charts, but it works fine for reasonable number of charts.
You assumptions are correct; we had to delay since we added some features we didn’t intend to include originally. Plus some bug fixing took longer than expected.
The release will be done this week.
**Andrew: That's great news! , esp the bug fixes, as many of us use the betas for trading and bugs can disrupt that. I'm looking forward to testing the new ver6 this week.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 14 Dec 2009

Steven,
Please be realistic and don't trade with MC 6 beta. It has a lot of exciting feature, but it should be debugged first!

TIKITRADER

Postby TIKITRADER » 14 Dec 2009

Thanks to everyone involved working on MC6 . . . looking forward to it.

arnie

Postby arnie » 14 Dec 2009

It will be released this week?

Nice.
Since I'll be in bed next week, recovering from the surgery of next Thursday, I'll have plenty of time to test some of the new features :D

Thanks Andrew.

Regards,
Fernando

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 14 Dec 2009

Steven,
Please be realistic and don't trade with MC 6 beta. It has a lot of exciting feature, but it should be debugged first!
* Andrew: I don't autotrade yet, so I just need reasonable charting stability. Since we can only run one copy at a time, I usually run the current betas. if too many bugs exist, I can revert back to the current 5.5.

Return to “MultiCharts”