Log file of Orders and Log tab of Order and Position Tracker

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
faraz

Log file of Orders and Log tab of Order and Position Tracker

Postby faraz » 29 Jun 2011

Hi,

I need to know the log file of ORDERS and LOG tab of Order and Position Tracker. I need to know log txt file names where i can find current orders and Logs details are written in live.

Awaiting

Stan Bokov

Re: Log file of Orders and Log tab of Order and Position Tra

Postby Stan Bokov » 29 Jun 2011

Order and Position Tracker has a dedicated log file, but it's binary - not much help to you.

However, ALL information regarding trading is stored as soon as it happens in the ATOrderController_Trace.txt - you can find it in your logs folder, or you can search for it. It's not easy to read, but the info is there.

Also, in MC 7 Beta 5 you will be able to save your OPT into Excel, so you can keep track of all your info.

faraz

Order and Position Tracker has a dedicated log file, but it's binary - not much help to you.

However, ALL information regarding trading is stored as soon as it happens in the ATOrderController_Trace.txt - you can find it in your logs folder, or you can search for it. It's not easy to read, but the info is there.

Also, in MC 7 Beta 5 you will be able to save your OPT into Excel, so you can keep track of all your info.

Thank you Stan.

I am looking for same way to make an alert email for REJECTED orders or Strategy automation is turned of during trading session. This feature should be added by MC.

I have found order details in ATPluginProxy_Trace.txt but can you tell me where i can find the log written that the strategy is turned Off?

Actually there should be a LOG tab of OPT live txt writen as well. The OPT into excel will not be live i guess.

Thanks.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 29 Jun 2011

can you tell me where i can find the log written that the strategy is turned Off?
I'm not sure this information is available, but maybe I'm not understanding the question correctly.

OPT into Excel is not live, it's a one-time save.

Have you added your requests to the PM?

faraz

I'm not sure this information is available, but maybe I'm not understanding the question correctly.

Have you added your requests to the PM?
Stan,
Can you check your engineers if they got any kind of Log folder Txt files details. Or Is there any way to extract required Log data?

Can you tell me if there is any place where the Profit /Loss is writen in log folder in txt files.
Can you tell me if there is any place in Log folder txt files where "Automation turnd Off" is writen?

No, I did not entered on PM. I tried once but They don't reply at all which is not good. If possible you tell PM to add email alert for autotrading for Rejected and Automation Turned Off during trading session.

Thanks

lbottan

Postby lbottan » 25 May 2016

Hi all,
the idea to read the log file is very nice!

I realized that a big difference between TS and MC is that (in MC) there is no way to trigger certain alerts if not with the easylanguage code.

In TS you easily set several alerts that are generic for every strategy... like errors or filled or sent or broker disconnection, etc....

Unless I am mistaken there is no way to do so in MC.

Reading the log could be a workaround but a log field documentation would be necessary.

Is it available now? Anybody has done anything related to this so far?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 May 2016

Hi all,
the idea to read the log file is very nice!

I realized that a big difference between TS and MC is that (in MC) there is no way to trigger certain alerts if not with the easylanguage code.

In TS you easily set several alerts that are generic for every strategy... like errors or filled or sent or broker disconnection, etc....

Unless I am mistaken there is no way to do so in MC.

Reading the log could be a workaround but a log field documentation would be necessary.

Is it available now? Anybody has done anything related to this so far?
Hello lbottan,

Please see the following threads:
No realtime data alert
Loss of broker connectivity alert
Generate alert if "Rejected" order found
Monitor MultiCharts "Not responding" status
Failure Alerts During Real-Time Automated Trading

Return to “MultiCharts”