Multicharts 7 - Double entry on order tracking

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
felixtjung

Multicharts 7 - Double entry on order tracking

Postby felixtjung » 18 Jul 2011

Hi,

I noticed in M7, every single trade done with symbol mapping will yield 2 entry, one for the original symbol, one for the broker symbol. Is there anyway to only log one of them or at least hide it? I think having redundant trade entry on there make it harder to visualize what's happening.

Thanks,
Felix

FATSTrader

Re: Multicharts 7 - Double entry on order tracking

Postby FATSTrader » 20 Jul 2011

Also, this seems to result in two orders being sent to the broker, one for the original symbol and one for the broker symbol. In the Order Tracker/Orders Tab, there is an entry for both symbols in every case, and this is also reflected in the Open Positions Tab when there are positions active on the broker.

This is an issue that needs to be fixed. More than just a visualization issue.
Attachments
MC7 Symbol Mapping Issue.pdf
Screen Captures Attached
(204.03 KiB) Downloaded 735 times

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 22 Jul 2011

I noticed in M7, every single trade done with symbol mapping will yield 2 entry, one for the original symbol, one for the broker symbol. Is there anyway to only log one of them or at least hide it? I think having redundant trade entry on there make it harder to visualize what's happening.
This is an issue that needs to be fixed. More than just a visualization issue.
Dear Sirs,

Such situation occurs if you use different data provider and broker. This is just a visualization feature. The orders are not actually doubled. Only one order is sent to the broker. You can check it in your broker's application.

We plan to change this behavior in the near furture: users will have an option to hide double lines and orders.

FATSTrader

Postby FATSTrader » 27 Jul 2011

Although multiple orders are not transmitted in auto trading, when using Flatten Everything, it seems orders are sent for each entry(actual or duplicate). So the existing order is closed, but a new one is opened by the extra exit order. Also, when closing MC, for each of the orders(actual and duplicate) you will be notified that you have an open order and prompted if you wish to close it.
Looking forward to the fix.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 29 Jul 2011

Although multiple orders are not transmitted in auto trading, when using Flatten Everything, it seems orders are sent for each entry(actual or duplicate). So the existing order is closed, but a new one is opened by the extra exit order.
This issue has been confirmed and added to our fix list. Thank you for reporting.
Also, when closing MC, for each of the orders(actual and duplicate) you will be notified that you have an open order and prompted if you wish to close it.
If you select to cancel the order, only one actual order will be canceled. So there should be no problem here.

furytrader

Postby furytrader » 12 Sep 2011

I hope this issue gets resolved in the next update of MC.

If I have a single working order placed through an automated strategy via MC and then choose to switch off automated trading (I can manage the order through other channels), the program asks me if I want to cancel 4 orders.

Very confusing.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 12 Sep 2011

furytrader,

Issue with Flatten Everything will be fixed in MC 7.01. As for doubled orders visualization issue, we will add original symbol name in brackets to reduce confuison.

felixtjung

Postby felixtjung » 17 Jan 2012

Hi,

I've been demo trading with MC 7.4. I confirmed both order (for chart symbol and broker symbol) still get sent to the broker intermittently.

Let say if in chart I've AUDJPY.FXCM(IQFeed), I map this to AUD.JPY(Interactive Brokers), sometimes MC send entry/target/stop order to interactive brokers for both symbols. The weird thing is entry/stop/target for AUD.JPY(Interactive Brokers) are accepted while entry for AUDJPY.FXCM(IQFeed) get rejected, however for some mysterious reason, stop/target for AUDJPY.FXCM is converted correctly to AUD.JPY. So, when the bug occurred, the end result is:

Say there's signal for Buy 10000 AUDJPY.FXCM (IQFeed). On the broker side, the result is:

1. Entry 10000 AUD.JPY(Interactive Broker)
2. Target 10000 AUD.JPY(Interactive Broker)
3. Target 10000 AUD.JPY(Interactive Broker)
4. Stop 10000 AUD.JPY(Interactive Broker)
5. Stop 10000 AUD.JPY(Interactive Broker)

Although this happens randomly and when that happens the consequence is grim as it might reverse the position. I'm still trying to figure out the exact cause.

felixtjung

I also noticed the orders of chart symbols get re-submitted several hours after the correct broker symbol.

So, the order goes like:

1. Signal occurred.
2. Order for broker symbol submitted correctly to the broker.
3. (After several hours later between 3-7 hours), Order for chart symbol gets resubmitted to the broker again.

In my case Interactive Broker will reject the request from 3 by saying "No security has been found for the request". However, the target/stop from 3 will be re-submitted correctly to the broker resulting double target and double stop.

When the price hit either target/stop, since now there are 2 identical order for both target and loss, the position will be reversed instead of closed properly.

P.S: Please advice when this bug will be fixed. Otherwise, i'll revert to MC 6 again for the second time...

felixtjung

UPDATE: It seems part 3 tends to happens just after Multicharts re-establish the connection to IB TWS.

I guess, I'll revert to MC6 for now. MC 7.4 doesn't crash anymore at least, so it's really close to being usable guys.

P.S: There's also a bug where pending orders from IB is not shown correctly on MC tracker window just after above case happened.

Return to “MultiCharts”