Visual order

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Zoli

Visual order

Postby Zoli » 16 Jul 2013

Hello,

I have encountered a situation when I last changed my charts.
I didn't observe before that the Visual Order feature actually has an impact on the manually drawn objects.
Let's say one has 1 symbol and 2 indicators attached to a chart. One indicator is interfering visually with the other, so one decides to move the less important indicator on the bottom of the list in the Visual Order option. Doing that will make the newly drawn objects use as data the indicator that was sent to the bottom of the list.
Please see attached screenshot.

It might not be an inconvenience until one decides to remove the indicator after which all objects that were using it as data will be set to off.

If some users might see this as an advantage, wouldn't it be easier to be able to chose which data to use for any particular drawn object the same way as we can with the indicators?
On the other hand, if there is no advantage to it at all, may I suggest that all manually drawn objects should use as base data the first symbol?
Attachments
visual order.png
(93.11 KiB) Downloaded 739 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Visual order

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Jul 2013

Hello Zoli,

That is possible to choose which data to use for a drawing in the Visual order menu.
Just send the instrument to back to base the drawing on it. I have also added forwarded the following inquiry "do not delete drawings that are based on an indicator when you delete the indicator" to our developers. We will look into improving this behavior in one of the future versions.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”