Visual Studio 2010 - Unable to Debug

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
lordsriram

Visual Studio 2010 - Unable to Debug

Postby lordsriram » 01 May 2023

Hi

I have tried debugging for visual studio 2010 using the PL Editior and I get the following error
the the PLStudies2010.csproj is an unsupported version. I am unable to debug at all. I tried output line in PL Editor and I get no output in the window. Please help
Attachments
EditErrror.png
Error Message
(21.63 KiB) Not downloaded yet

TraderGuy

Re: Visual Studio 2010 - Unable to Debug

Postby TraderGuy » 03 May 2023

I don't use VS 2010, so guessing here. Do you have the 4.0 Framework loaded? I'm using VS 2019 for MC .NET, and it works fine. You can download the Community Edition here https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/older-downloads/ if you join the free Dev Essentials program.

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 03 May 2023

Hello lordsriram,

Please follow these steps to troubleshoot:
  1. Disable any antivirus/firewall software running on your machine
  2. Close all MultiCharts components and make sure there are no MC processes left in Task Manager -> Details tab -> Description column
  3. Repair MultiCharts installation. Go to the Windows Start menu -> Settings (gear icon) -> Apps -> Select MultiCharts -> click Uninstall -> in the Setup Wizard click Next -> Repair
  4. Create a new indicator in the PowerLanguage Editor, compile and apply it
If the same behaviour occurs, please join our live chat Monday-Friday from 7:00 AM till 1:00 PM ET to demonstrate it via remote connection.

lordsriram

Postby lordsriram » 04 May 2023

I don't use VS 2010, so guessing here. Do you have the 4.0 Framework loaded? I'm using VS 2019 for MC .NET, and it works fine. You can download the Community Edition here https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/older-downloads/ if you join the free Dev Essentials program.
Yes, I do have VS 2019 and when I try to attach the process to Debug, it will attach, but the break points will show no symbol loaded. I have done the build in debug mode. What are the .net frameworks installed in your machine. VS 2019 will install higher version of .Net. Please let me know

lordsriram

Postby lordsriram » 04 May 2023

Hello lordsriram,

2. Close all MultiCharts components and make sure there are no MC processes left in Task Manager -> Details tab -> Description column
  3. Repair MultiCharts installation. Go to the Windows Start menu -> Settings (gear icon) -> Apps -> Select MultiCharts -> click Uninstall -> in the Setup Wizard click Next -> Repair
If the same behaviour occurs, please join our live chat Monday-Friday from 7:00 AM till 1:00 PM ET to demonstrate it via remote connection.
I will try to re-install / repair and let you know.

lordsriram

Postby lordsriram » 05 May 2023

Hello lordsriram,

I will try to re-install / repair and let you know.

Performed these steps and still same result. I will try to connect next week with Livechat to show them this behavior.

Thanks
Sriram

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”