EAccessViolation, after installation 8O

Questions about MCFX and MCFX Data Feed.
urbansound

EAccessViolation, after installation 8O

Postby urbansound » 11 Dec 2006

Hi,

I just DL'd the current MCFX lite version to test on XP home. Installation went perfectly but during launch I get only a small error dialog saying EAccessViolation.

I DL'd a fresh copy, uninstalled and reinstalled, no difference.

Are there any other requirements I should be aware of or a known reason for the error. Searching the forums found nothing.

Thanks,

Mike

Kate

Postby Kate » 12 Dec 2006

Mike,
The problem you described seems a really specific one. Could you please contact us via our live support (//www.tssupport.com/support/) as we need to establish a Helpdesk connection to analyze your environment?

urbansound

Postby urbansound » 12 Dec 2006

Mike,
The problem you described seems a really specific one. Could you please contact us via our live support (//www.tssupport.com/support/) as we need to establish a Helpdesk connection to analyze your environment?
I'll get an analysis over to you on email, Kate.

Thank you.

Mike

urbansound

Still awaiting an answer

Postby urbansound » 12 Dec 2006

System profile sent to Kate at 11:30 a.m. EST

Anybody with an idea yet, please?

Mike

Kate

Postby Kate » 13 Dec 2006

Urbansound,
All you sent us is useless in your case. We need to connect to your desktop via Helpdesk to analyze the problem in its environment.

urbansound

Useless?

Postby urbansound » 13 Dec 2006

I'm sorry,

How is it that seeing a simple error dialog box on my desktop, by opening access to my network and operating system, will help you diagnose anything?

The error says "EAccess Error" that's it. The profile I sent you shows CPU, motherboard, bios, all other applications, memory allocations, services, shares, loaded dlls, drivers, pci mapping, monitor layouts, peripheral connections and every other environmental criteria/status in use on my system.

So what else could you need or gain by virtual access that isn't in that report, or that I can't answer for you here?

There is no messages showing up in the live logs under system manager that indicate any noted or trapped errors, security violations or Watson data.

What else possibly, could you be looking for, please?

Mike

urbansound

By the way, EAccess Violation errors are frequently an indication of security or policy violation errors and on a secure system/network I don't just dismiss those as insignificant and lower security or open access at the drop of a hat, especially when loading an new application onto the system, I know nothing else about.

Does MCFX have any port or access requirements that are not indicated or is there low level system access rights being sought at install time? The system is in Administrator Access mode, another reason why this error is a bit disconcerting.

If MCFX is attempting to establish or modify policy rights, then that would be one potential cause and I need to know what those would be.

If you need specific access to services that perhaps I have secured or overridden, then there needs to be a way to determine what your installer is looking for.

Perhaps you have a version with debug reporting you can send?

urbansound

Log files for FileMon and RegMon forwarded to TSsupport.

Kate

Postby Kate » 13 Dec 2006

Dear Urbansound,
The logs you sent us cannot help us diagnose the problem.
Please send us the logs that are located here: C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\Local Settings\Application Data\"TS Support". The folder may be hidden so go to Tools->Properties->View->Show hidden folders.

The problem you have is really unique and none of our users have ever experienced such Access Violation. If, for some reason, sending logs is not acceptable, we will need to connect to your desktop to analyze the problem's environment. It is a common practice to use a remote desktop connection to help users and it is widely used among our customers.

urbansound

File structure comparison...

Kate,

The only places where my system registered "TS Support" folders was in...

C:\Program Files\
C:\Program Files\Common Files

That would explain quite a bit right there. Assuming the application is attempting to access a non-existing folder, the error stack is reflecting an Access Error as the folder isn't there to access.

The Filemon log I sent you reflects failed access attempts at the following lines... 361, 392 and 423. I did not attempt to track BugSlayer.

This would suggest to me that there is likely a permission layer being challenged during the installer's attempt to bed in the file/folder structure at install time and not being caught and reported at that time.

If the installer or application doesn't or cannot verify structure at install time or runtime, then a general, non-specific access error would likely be the result like this.

I've looked to see if MS or anything else snuck in any security apps on me, but I'm finding no reason in particular that the installer wouldn't be allowed to create the structure. The first log I sent you should confirm that there are no additional security applications on board of that nature. During the second installation, I even made sure that Avast was turned off.

Unless you have any additional suggestions or a means of trapping install activities/errors, I remain to try but I am not given to open up a remote session on my system as I have other's proprietary materials and documents on my system that result in possible violations of propriety agreements I hold; the reason why I understandably cannot open an unrestricted remote access. Sorry.

Kate

Postby Kate » 08 Jan 2007

We recommended Urbansound to copy zlib.dll from \Program Files\Common Files\TS Support\Shared\ in the folder where MCFX is installed: \Program Files\TS Support\MCFX\. And this helped in the case with the access violation that most likely happened because in Windows System 32 folder there is a .dll with the same name that is used by another application and is launched first on MCFX start.

We are working on this issue and this will be solved in future.

dof

Postby dof » 08 Jan 2007

I had the same problem but i ignored it because it was on my work machine.
Your solution worked for me also.

Return to “MCFX”