No Data; question about Tick Chart

thomas becker

No Data; question about Tick Chart

Postby thomas becker » 10 Mar 2008

First I want to note that MCFX can´t recives Data today!

Second I´ve a cuestion concerning tick chart. If I use 2000 ticks for example, in the chart only appears the same number of bars though I ´ve put 500 or 1000 or 10.000 bars. If I use a timeframe from (for example) 3 months I´ve the same problem.
I will add a picture when MCFX works!

Best regards!

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 10 Mar 2008

Tomas,
Server didn't allow you to request data, but live data stream was ok for existing charts. We've fixed the problem.

We provide 7 days of tick data to assure server stability. Some users request tens of charts for 7 years of tick data by mistake and server is goes down, because it is tremendous volume of data. So we are improving our server to provide more data safely. As soon as work is done we will notify all users.

MKlein

Postby MKlein » 10 Mar 2008

Server didn't allow you to request data, but live data stream was ok for existing charts. We've fixed the problem.
That wasn't the case for me. I had no updates to my existing charts between roughly 0844GMT and 0920GMT.

Andrew Kirillov

Please restart MCFX.

MKlein

Please restart MCFX.
Why?

Andrew Kirillov

The data is backfilled and there is no hole. You need restart MCFX or reload charts.

MKlein

The data is backfilled and there is no hole. You need restart MCFX or reload charts.
I think you misunderstood.

You said that "live data stream was ok for existing charts". I'm reporting that that was not the case. None of my charts updated for the period I mentioned. When I tried to reload a chart during that period, the chart became blank and remained blank. Service then returned at approximately 0920GMT, but data was missing for the period I noted. You then filled the data gap. When service resumed, I refreshed all my charts.

Incidentally, it would be nice to have a "reload workspace" option to avoid having to reload each chart individually.

Andrew Kirillov

Sorry for misunderstanding. Yes we will expand Reload option soon.

Return to “Old MCFX Price Server”