Portfolio Trading

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Dave Masalov

Portfolio Trading

Postby Dave Masalov » 05 Apr 2012

Dear users,

We are working on the Portfolio Trading feature and would like to hear your thoughts and ideas regarding the visualization of the Portfolio Trading.

What we are going to implement is a simple (at first) price bar chart showing the trades that were made on this instrument as well as the equity curve.

What else do you want to see on portfolio Trading charts? Please post your comments and suggestions in this thread.

MultiCharts Team.

furytrader

Re: Portfolio Trading

Postby furytrader » 05 Apr 2012

This sounds very cool - do you have a mockup or something we could look at?

Related to Portfolio Trading is the idea of spread trading ... which PowerLanguage (and EasyLanguage) don't handle well at all.

It would be great to see the ability to easily work related trades on multiple markets (and track the results).

ericvp

Postby ericvp » 05 Apr 2012

Here is what an ideal version of Portfolio Trading would look like to me:

It would enable me to take the collection of Instruments, Signals, and settings that I am currently running in Portfolio Backtester, and use them to begin automated trading with my broker.

Since my typical portfolio is 100+ Instruments, it would be ideal to completely skip the concept of a "chart". The information that is contained in a Portfolio Backtester .pws file (plus of course, the Signals and external quote data) has all the core information required to define a trading strategy. The visualization/charting part is very secondary -- certainly, the charting of individual instruments becomes less important as the number of instruments goes up (a human can only absorb so many charts in real time).

If one were to include the concept of a chart, it would ideally be single chart, at the total portfolio equity level, with position entry/exits marked, and high level position attributes (like Portfolio_OpenPositionProfit, Portfolio_NetProfit, and some measure of portfolio exposure).

ventus

Postby ventus » 06 Apr 2012

I think the entire point of "portfolio trading" is to eliminate charts from the automated trading process. Having to apply a strategy to every chart and do this for every market-strategy combination in your portfolio becomes a daunting task if you're trading many markets and strategies.

A more effective way to do this would be to use a simple grid layout, similar to the real-time market scanner. Since the scanner is already doing the same calculations as charts, you can use the current scanner as a starting point. The "strategy management" window would differ from the scanner in that it would let us:

- apply strategies to a selection of markets
- format strategy settings (just like on charts)
- view market-strategy details (market position at broker for strategy, average price for market-strategy, unrealized/realized gains, account, broker, etc.)
- turn strategies on or off individually or turn them all on or off

I attached an image to give an idea of how NT handles it. I think MC can improve on this greatly by allowing us to apply strategies to a scanner-type window (similar to how you insert indicators into the scanner) and by allowing us to enable/disable strategies individually or all at once.

This is a feature I've already requested and have been waiting for eagerly so I am happy to help in any way.

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-231
Attachments
Portfolio Trading.JPG
(56.32 KiB) Downloaded 4919 times

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 09 Apr 2012

We are working on the Portfolio Trading feature and would like to hear your thoughts and ideas regarding the visualization of the Portfolio Trading.
What are the technical features of the Portfolio Trading feature, since these will drive for an important part the visualization options and needs?
What we are going to implement is a simple (at first) price bar chart showing the trades that were made on this instrument as well as the equity curve.
I don't get this. Can you give a screenshot of how this might look like? Can it be compared with the Market Scanner, where the user can right-click an instrument and choose "Chart window" to see the chart?
What else do you want to see on portfolio Trading charts? Please post your comments and suggestions in this thread.
Charts? I don't think even one chart is needed. :)

Why not use the existing capabilities of MC and make something like this? (Note: see the post from Ventus in this thread for additional good ideas. Sadly, I made my image before I read the whole thread so I haven't included all of these options)
ideaForPortfolioTrading.png
Idea for Portfolio Trading
(46.61 KiB) Downloaded 4940 times
Related to Portfolio Trading is the idea of spread trading ... which PowerLanguage (and EasyLanguage) don't handle well at all.
Totally agree here. I don't mean this harsh or negative, but if PowerLanguage isn't expanded with Portfolio Trading keywords (like for example, to access information about all other instruments in the portfolio plus information symbols like indices), then the Portfolio Trading wouldn't be useful, in my opinion.

A more effective way to do this would be to use a simple grid layout, similar to the real-time market scanner. Since the scanner is already doing the same calculations as charts, you can use the current scanner as a starting point. The "strategy management" window would differ from the scanner in that it would let us:

- apply strategies to a selection of markets
- format strategy settings (just like on charts)
- view market-strategy details (market position at broker for strategy, average price for market-strategy, unrealized/realized gains, account, broker, etc.)
- turn strategies on or off individually or turn them all on or off

I attached an image to give an idea of how NT handles it. I think MC can improve on this greatly by allowing us to apply strategies to a scanner-type window (similar to how you insert indicators into the scanner) and by allowing us to enable/disable strategies individually or all at once.
These are great ideas Ventus, especially the turning off and on of signals and format strategy settings (right-click on a strategy name -> Format Signal.. that would be indeed a very nice feature).

furytrader

Postby furytrader » 09 Apr 2012

When it comes to constructing such a "panel", it would be cool too if PowerLanguage gave the ability to post notes or messages to a column on the panel so, for example, a trader could be alerted when certain things are happening in the markets being followed - or a trade is about to fire, etc. It can be hard to keep track of what is happening across a set of market + system combinations at all times ... if the system could post a "Status" message, that'd be great.

khalaad

Postby khalaad » 11 Apr 2012

Similar things may have been already said, but I wish to reinforce:

• the ability to auto trade DJIA constituents from DJIA chart;
• the ability to auto trade USD pairs from a dollar index chart; or
• the ability to auto trade any constituent of any index from the index chart.

Khalid

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 16 Apr 2012

Thank you all for your comments. We will take them into consideration. If you have any further ideas and suggestions please do not hesitate to post them here.

Xyzzy

Postby Xyzzy » 18 Apr 2012

I'm very happy to hear this! I've been looking forward to this feature for some time. Here's my "wish list" of features for a portfolio auto-trading system (sorry that it's so long):

1. The portfolio trading strategy is organized and controlled within something like the scanner window (perhaps just an improved version of the scanner window). This way, the user could add indicators to the scanner window to get real-time visual feedback (like now), and also add signals that execute the trades. Alternatively, the user could place manual trades from this screen as well.

2. Building on furytrader's suggestion, the scanner window should also be able to display custom data that is generated by the signal itself. This could be numerical data (similar to data generated by the "plot" command in a custom signal), or text data, like custom alert/status messages that are displayed in the grid, next to the symbol. Ideally, the signal should be able to display multiple columns of data and/or text messages on the grid.

3. The ability for the user to "zoom in" on a detailed chart for any symbol in the portfolio, similar to how the scanner window works when you click on the "mini-chart" icon. When the chart opens up, it should have the indicators and signals from the portfolio pre-applied and show any recent trades.
I have several related suggestions for this:

a. The ability to open a window that displays multiple symbols from the portfolio in different subcharts. E.g., if the portfolio only has five symbols, then it should be possible to open a single window that displays subcharts for all of these symbols simultaneously. Each subchart should be the same size (rather than having subchart 1 be larger than the others, as MultiCharts currently behaves). If the portfolio has too many symbols to display in a single window, then the user could be able to select which symbols to display.

b. The ability to group subcharts into different columns, not just different rows. E.g., if the user wants to display a window with subcharts for 15 different symbols, those subcharts could be displayed as three columns across by five rows down.

c. The ability to show a list of all of the instruments in the portfolio in a sidebar next to a chart, so the user can click on the name of an instrument to bring up a detailed chart for that instrument. I.e., this would be like the "Watchlist" feature in TradingView, except that it would display the symbols in the portfolio. It would also be nice to have "next symbol" and "previous symbol" buttons and keyboard shortcuts, so that the user could flip through all of the symbols quickly. The user could then also place manual trades from this chart.

4. The ability of a signal to have a variable with data that is accessible for all of the symbols in the portfolio, without using workarounds like All Data Everywhere. This is similar to my earlier feature request (below) to have better support for global variables. This is necessary for true portfolio-level strategies, like custom position sizing or custom strategy decisions. E.g., if a user wants to code a strategy like "buy the five symbols in the portfolio that had the strongest daily open," there needs to be some way for the signal to compare the data for the different symbols.

https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... _no=MC-755

5. The same PowerLanguage keywords and portfolio-management features that are currently found only in Portfolio Backtester. I.e., it should be possible to design a portfolio strategy in the Portfolio Backtester and then implement it in MultiCharts without any changes.

6. This might be controversial, but I'd suggest getting rid of the Portfolio Backtester as a separate program and instead merge it into MultiCharts. That way you could backtest a portfolio strategy within MultiCharts and then, once you're satisfied with the strategy, just hit the "Automatic Order Execution" button to start actually trading that portfolio strategy in real time.

I.e., this would be similar to how you currently use MultiCharts to backtest and trade strategies for individual symbols -- you create a chart for the symbol, apply a signal, backtest the strategy, and then enable automated trading for that chart once you're satisfied with the strategy. There's no need to have one program for backtesting, and a different program for trading.

If you keep Portfolio Backtester as a separate program, then there's a risk that something will get "lost in translation" between the two programs -- e.g., the user might design a great strategy in Portfolio Backtester, but accidentally use the wrong inputs when moving that strategy to MultiCharts for actual trading, or there might be subtle bugs that causes simulated trades in Portfolio Backtester to act differently than real trades in MultiCharts. It would be cleaner if you could just backtest and autotrade the same portfolio using the same program, switching between "backtesting mode" and "autotrade mode" as easily as MultiCharts currently does for single charts.

Sorry for the long wish-list! I'm very excited about this feature, and I'm sure you'll do a great job, as always.

bomberone1

Postby bomberone1 » 19 Apr 2012

We need all features of Market System Analyzer (MSA), Rina Portfolio Maestro, Sirtrade Portfolio.

MC should choose automatically the best money management solution for our portfolio, that give us aggressive solution, low risk, max performance ecc..

siscop

Postby siscop » 09 May 2012

1. Are you planning to implement the Portfolio Trading in
1a MC
1b MC. NET
1c both?

2. Will it be possible to activate a strategy
Datafeed: IQfeed
Broker: IB
So independently of IB so that a ticker from IB would only be used when we have a active position on that market? Right now MC uses a ticker from only activating a chart without a active position because of the ask/bid…
Portfolio Trading would make more sense if you can separate the IB ticker from the active chart so a Daytrader can have more than the 100/250 (ticker/IBIS) stocks on his portfolio with autotrading.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 07 Dec 2012

How's the Portfolio Trading feature coming along? :)

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Dec 2012

How's the Portfolio Trading feature coming along? :)
It will be one of the key features next year.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 10 Dec 2012

It will be one of the key features next year.
Great. Can you mention some of the features of this new Portfolio Trading functionality that MC is aiming for? (With the usual caveat that these mentioned features may or may not be included in the final realization).

I'm especially curious to hear how capital allocation to different strategies applied to the same account might be realized.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Dec 2012

Hello JoshM,

It is on our "to-do" list and is coming next year. This is the only information that can be disclosed at the moment.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 11 Dec 2012

It is on our "to-do" list and is coming next year. This is the only information that can be disclosed at the moment.
That's understandable, but I could always try to see if some things already could been said about it. :)

Please keep us updated, if you will, with the things that certainly will be added.

STAR_Trader

Postby STAR_Trader » 11 Dec 2012

We need to be able to scan for set ups/entries and trade the portfolio from a list of symbols (such as the scanner window)...
No one wants to add a strategy manually to individual charts within a portfolio... What if I would like to scan a list of 300 instruments? That's a lot of open windows to manually add charts. OK I might only trade say 10 at any one particular time, but I want to be able to scan a wide list for potential set ups..

Groups - I would be very useful to split the list into groups and reference these groups when adding the portfolio asset allocation rules. i.e. no more than 20% of account value to be traded/invested into anyone group. Or even specify maximum allocation values for individuals groups.

Being able to apply different strategies to different groups within the portfolio would also be useful.

In addition to other position sizing rules, add a position sizing rule for instruments based on the portfolio/account value. i.e. risk no more than 0.5% portfolio value (difference between entry price and initial stop price) per position.

h4nk

Postby h4nk » 12 Dec 2012

Another thing that would be cool is the ability to set any strategy/signal to be fully automated, just like regular MC signal that is turned on, or semi automated: when a buy or sell order occurs, it is listed on a sortable scanner-like window so that I can manually respond to the buy or sell order. For semi automated mode, I want to be able to:

- choose a specific entry or exit price visually
- discard a buy or sell signal
- approve a buy or sell signal
- manually close a position (this is for both fully automated and semi automated)

I also want to be able to set the full or semi automation on specific instruments, not just on specific strategy/signal.

I also want the same strategy/signal backtesting just like on regular MC Chart, but with the ability to 'save' the backtest positions after I close MC. When I reopen MC, the saved backtest positions are there. This is a great feature for forward-testing a strategy/signal without placing real orders to the broker. It is also useful for those who want to track their real positions using MC, but do not want to connect MC to the broker. Think of it as a trading platform, charting platform, market screener and trade recorder/accounting combined.

quantarb

Postby quantarb » 12 Dec 2012

I’m really glad that portfolio trading is back on the project management page. I was worried that portfolio trading wasn’t going to happen when it was temporarily removed from the project management page. I think the current setup in the portfolio back tester should be how this portfolio trading tool should look.

The only thing that I would add is the ability to set different settings for each symbol (parameter inputs, money management, broker settings, etc.) individually that are under the same strategy. Right now in portfolio back tester you need to create a separate strategy for each symbol to do something like this. This is much more elegant approach. I am thinking the easiest way to implement would be through right clicking on the symbol with access to the following options – View Chart, Format Instrument, Format Indicator, Format Signal, Format Chart Trading, and all the other options when we right click on our charts normally.

I agree with the many users here that states charting becomes less important when doing portfolio trading. From my personal experience, I don’t use any charts in Multicharts for auto trading. My strategy submits limit orders for what prices I want to enter and exit. I just use the charts in Interactive Brokers to spot check that the strategy is doing what it is supposed to do.

quantarb

Postby quantarb » 02 Jan 2013

Will your upcoming portfolio trading allow us the ability to trade our subcharts (data 2, data3, dat4, etc)? Does this current ability exists in Multicharts.Net?

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 03 Jan 2013

Will your upcoming portfolio trading allow us the ability to trade our subcharts (data 2, data3, dat4, etc)? Does this current ability exists in Multicharts.Net?
Portfolio trading feature will allow you to trade a portfolio of symbols as a single system, instead of trading different instruments from individual charts.

MultiCharts .NET with C# scripting language offers you more freedom with respect to programming. You can use unmanaged orders to trade on multiple symbols through different broker plug-ins directly from one script. Here is a link to a post on this subject: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10730

quantarb

Postby quantarb » 03 Jan 2013

Hi Dave,

Thank you for answering my question. The problem with the .net code is you have to define every symbol or pair in your strategy. This approach is too unwieldy for pair trading. If I need to change instruments or add instruments I would have to rewrite my code each time.

Pair or spread trading is really a form of equity curve trading. You're essentially trading the PnL of a portfolio of two dynamic hedged instruments. It would be easier if you could just do something along the lines of
if spread of (data1/data2) is low
Buy 100 shares next bar at market for data 1
SellShort 100 shares next bar at market for data 2

if spread of (data1/data2) is high
Buy 100 shares next bar at market for data 2
SellShort 100 shares next bar at market for data 1

This way you can create a simple generic spread trading strategy and then just add the strategy to charts you want to trade. Right now you need four charts open to trade a pair. This is both computationally inefficient and expensive.

Another benefit to this approach is this would allow you to do other forms of equity curve trading. You can use data1 to run the "paper strategy" and run the data2 to run the live strategy where with data2 you only trade signals when the short term moving average of data1 equity curve is above its long term average. You can also take it to another level by using the equity curve of the entire portfolio rather than just the individual chart.

siscop

Postby siscop » 30 Jan 2013

This might be basic but I still want to mention it.

I would like to activate 3 different Portfoliostrategies at the same time with each one of them having different portfolios with the possibility of having the same stock in each one of the portfolio using just one ticker per stock from IB and having no interference to each other.

Eg.
Stock CSCO being part of portfolio strategy 1, 2 and 3.
Every strategy having different entries, exit and size without interference to each other and all together just using 1 ticker (per stock NOT per strategy per stock - so not 3) from IB.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 30 Jan 2013

This might be basic but I still want to mention it.

I would like to activate 3 different Portfoliostrategies at the same time with each one of them having different portfolios with the possibility of having the same stock in each one of the portfolio using just one ticker per stock from IB and having no interference to each other.

Eg.
Stock CSCO being part of portfolio strategy 1, 2 and 3.
Every strategy having different entries, exit and size without interference to each other and all together just using 1 ticker (per stock NOT per strategy per stock - so not 3) from IB.
Hello siscop,

The setup that you describe should work fine in MultiCharts if you open 3 charts for the same symbol and turn on auto trading on every chart. Please see the following MC Wiki article: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... Instrument

siscop

Postby siscop » 30 Jan 2013

Hello siscop,

The setup that you describe should work fine in MultiCharts if you open 3 charts for the same symbol and turn on auto trading on every chart. Please see the following MC Wiki article: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... Instrument
Each of the 3 portfolio should have about 50 stock -> so in total 150 stock. Since alot of stocks are in all 3 portfolio or at least in 2 of them there are only 95 different stocks.
That is the reason I ask for using just 1 ticker per stock and not 1 ticker per stock per stategy.
So portfoliotrading is the right thread ;D

hilbert

Postby hilbert » 30 Jan 2013

Dave, Can you tell us approximately which month of 2013 can we expect MC 9.0 to be released? Many of us are eagerly waiting to try out portfolio trading which is the highlight of this version. Thanks.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 31 Jan 2013

Dave, Can you tell us approximately which month of 2013 can we expect MC 9.0 to be released? Many of us are eagerly waiting to try out portfolio trading which is the highlight of this version. Thanks.
Hello hilbert,

MC with Portfolio trading is planned to be released in the first half of 2013. There is no exact ETA yet.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 01 Mar 2013

Henry made an important comment here in relation to the Real-time Market Scanner:
Unfortunately there is no way to do reload for all symbols in the scanner at the moment.
Please vote for the corresponding feature requests: #1 and #2.
Such a reload feature (Reload -> Individual Instrument and Reload -> All Instruments) would probably be a useful feature to have in the Portfolio Trading. Just a small suggestion.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 06 Mar 2013

Henry made an important comment here in relation to the Real-time Market Scanner:
Unfortunately there is no way to do reload for all symbols in the scanner at the moment.
Please vote for the corresponding feature requests: #1 and #2.
Such a reload feature (Reload -> Individual Instrument and Reload -> All Instruments) would probably be a useful feature to have in the Portfolio Trading. Just a small suggestion.
JoshM,

Thank you for your suggestion it has been forwarded to the developers and will be considered for future implementation.

swz168

Postby swz168 » 06 Mar 2013

Hello Team Multicharts,

are you already allowed to give us a hint, how Portfolio Trading will be implemented? Many suggestions were made and it would be great to know, what we can expect. Thanks!

swz168

Postby swz168 » 06 Mar 2013

Some mentioned that we don't need a chart for portfoliotrading. Actually, I think it is important to be able to see the charts for the instruments traded. Especially when you are not 100% sure whether the portfolio strategy behaves the way you really want. This is often the case for newly devleoped strategies. And charts which show the real trades would help a lot at the beginning of live portfolio trading.

Also for the current portfolio backtester, I often wished I could just open the chart and do additional "debugging", which is currently not possible. Please implement it :)

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 07 Mar 2013

Some mentioned that we don't need a chart for portfoliotrading. Actually, I think it is important to be able to see the charts for the instruments traded. Especially when you are not 100% sure whether the portfolio strategy behaves the way you really want. This is often the case for newly devleoped strategies. And charts which show the real trades would help a lot at the beginning of live portfolio trading.

Also for the current portfolio backtester, I often wished I could just open the chart and do additional "debugging", which is currently not possible. Please implement it :)
Wouldn't that be the same as the current charts in MultiCharts? For visually testing a strategy, such a strategy can be applied to one chart to inspect it. And if it's looking good, than it can be backtested in the Portfolio Backester. Or do I misunderstand you Swz168?

And for checking the executed orders, if you place for example orders on chart A instrument X, then chart B of instrument X will also display the historical, executed orders. I suspect that, if Portfolio Trading trades instrument X, opening a regular chart of X will also display the historical executed live orders. There is, in my understanding, no need for "Portfolio Trading Charts", since the current normal charts in MultiCharts are already very good.

swz168

Postby swz168 » 07 Mar 2013

Wouldn't that be the same as the current charts in MultiCharts? For visually testing a strategy, such a strategy can be applied to one chart to inspect it. And if it's looking good, than it can be backtested in the Portfolio Backester. Or do I misunderstand you Swz168?

And for checking the executed orders, if you place for example orders on chart A instrument X, then chart B of instrument X will also display the historical, executed orders. I suspect that, if Portfolio Trading trades instrument X, opening a regular chart of X will also display the historical executed live orders. There is, in my understanding, no need for "Portfolio Trading Charts", since the current normal charts in MultiCharts are already very good.
Well for strategies which don't interact each other, then I can easily apply every strategy to one chart and see the backtest result for each instrument. But for strategies interacting together that is impossible. You cannot use Global Variable and backtest on chart. It is only possible with Portfoliobacktester. But there I can't see the chart and can't see visually every trade for every instrument.

If you only have strategies which don't interact each other, then I could just use one workspace for one portfolio, then I could see on the chart the backtest result. But for those strategies, portfolio trading features is not really needed. I can realize porftolio trading with current MC version for those "simple" strategies.
Dear users,
MultiCharts Team.
I have overseen that on the first post. That is exactly what will make portfolio strategy development easier.

Again, visually backtesting for several instruments and strategies on the chart is currently impossible because you can't use GV. And one main aspect of portfolio strategies is the interacting of serveral instruments. Eachs instrument influence the other instrument. Hope I have written it clearly enough to understand.

If in general visual chart backtesting helped you with strategy development, then chart for portfolio trading will help you even more, because it gets more complex.

I don't meant that I want to see the charts all the time, but only if the user asked to see it, then MC should open the chart window with the trades made.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 14 Mar 2013

Hello Team Multicharts,

are you already allowed to give us a hint, how Portfolio Trading will be implemented? Many suggestions were made and it would be great to know, what we can expect. Thanks!

Hello,

There is no exact ETA yet. Portfolio Trading should be publicly available later this year.

swz168

Postby swz168 » 14 Mar 2013

Hello Team Multicharts,

Hello,

There is no exact ETA yet. Portfolio Trading should be publicly available later this year.
Hello Dave,

Thanks you your reply. actually that wasn't what I want to know. I think we are all very curious how portfolio trading will be implemented and what features it will have. If you are allowed to tell us some "secrets", I'll be very happy :)

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 15 Mar 2013

Unfortunately at the moment we cannot disclose any details of portfolio trading functionality.

swz168

Postby swz168 » 15 Mar 2013

Thanks for the reply. I fully understand that. Looking forward to MC9.

STAR_Trader

Postby STAR_Trader » 03 Jun 2013

UPDATE REQUESTED

The first half of 2013 has almost passed.
What is the latest on MC9 with Portfolio Trading? I and many others are eagerly awaiting for the arrival of MC9 with Portfolio Trading option.

Hello hilbert,

MC with Portfolio trading is planned to be released in the first half of 2013. There is no exact ETA yet.
Last edited by STAR_Trader on 03 Jun 2013, edited 1 time in total.

TJ

Postby TJ » 03 Jun 2013

UPDATE REQUESTED

The first half of 2013 has passed.
???

STAR_Trader

Postby STAR_Trader » 03 Jun 2013

UPDATE REQUESTED

The first half of 2013 has passed.
???
I just added 'almost' :) Well spotted.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 04 Jun 2013

MultiCharts 9.0 is expected in the second half of this year.

STAR_Trader

Postby STAR_Trader » 04 Jun 2013

Henry,

Thanks for the reply.
Before it was going to be available in the first half of 2013. Now it's second half of 2013?

Could you be a little more specific?
Also, what are the planned initial features and functions for the portfolio trading / management component of MC9?

I feel like a mushroom when it comes to details about the planned portfolio trading / management.

There are many of us waiting for this, now I find we may have to wait another 6 months?

We need more information, so that we can make a decision whether to continue waiting or seek an alternative.

With thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Jun 2013

Hello STAR_Trader,

That is the latest ETA for the moment. If you have a look at Dave's post #34 posted 14 Mar 2013:
You can see that you were referring to an older post from January when an updated information has been already available.

That is hard to name the features and functions it will have, what we can guarantee is that the Portfolio will be trading realtime.

STAR_Trader

Postby STAR_Trader » 05 Jun 2013

Hi Henry,

Thanks for the reply.
Why is there secrecy surrounding the features that will be part of portfolio trading? Surely your programers know what features they are working on? Why can't you share this information?

I need to know the exact features and custom variables of the planned portfolio trading because I can't afford to wait another six months. The real danger is that portfolio trading via MC9 might not be what I am looking for.

So here is my dilemma: do I take the risk and just continue to wait for something that I know NOTHING about, or do I ask my team to custom program our own portfolio trading system from scratch (which will be very expensive and could turn out to be a waste if portfolio trading via MC rolls out with the same or very similar features)...

I hope you can understand our position?

With thanks

quantarb

Postby quantarb » 06 Jun 2013

How soon before Multicharts 9.0 beta will be release to the public? Will Multicharts 9.0 beta be the next public beta?

Or we going to continue with minor updates Multicharts 8.7 beta 3, Multicharts 8.8 beta 1, Multicharts 8.8 beta 2, Multicharts 8.8 beta 3, Multicharts 8.9 beta 1, Multicharts 8.9 beta 2, ...?

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 06 Jun 2013

How soon before Multicharts 9.0 beta will be release to the public? Will Multicharts 9.0 beta be the next public beta?
quantarb,

There is no exact ETA yet. Next planned version is MC 8.7 Release. Then, several 8.x Beta versions are planned to be released.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 06 Jun 2013

Hi Henry,

Thanks for the reply.
Why is there secrecy surrounding the features that will be part of portfolio trading? Surely your programers know what features they are working on? Why can't you share this information?

I need to know the exact features and custom variables of the planned portfolio trading because I can't afford to wait another six months. The real danger is that portfolio trading via MC9 might not be what I am looking for.

So here is my dilemma: do I take the risk and just continue to wait for something that I know NOTHING about, or do I ask my team to custom program our own portfolio trading system from scratch (which will be very expensive and could turn out to be a waste if portfolio trading via MC rolls out with the same or very similar features)...

I hope you can understand our position?

With thanks
STAR_Trader,

I understand your point. Please tell us what exact features are you looking for?

Basically, first version of portfolio trading will look like Portfolio Backetster with auto trading and mulit-currency support.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Jul 2013

Dear users,

Please submit your MultiCharts Trading Portfolio Strategies ideas in the corresponding thread.

Return to “MultiCharts”