Coding for MC 64 dll and Microsoft Office: Compiler to use?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arjfca

Coding for MC 64 dll and Microsoft Office: Compiler to use?

Postby arjfca » 18 Jan 2013

Hello

An un resolved question for me yet: I want to gatter info before sending a request to a coder for a dll. My goal is to switch to MC 64 but before, I need to have a dll that woul enable me to write string of data from MC 64 to Excel 32. Actually, I' m using Elexcel

User JoshM did ask a similar question on compiler selection, but I have not seen it answered
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10094&p=57512&hilit=dll+64#p48415

As I' greener than a fresh spring grass in the field, I don't have any clue of what is needed. All I read about this subject is "Chinese language " for me a French Canadian guy.

What, I think, I may know, that I may need: (lots of interrogation here).
- MC 64
- A compiler for Windows 7 64 to compile a 64 bit dll. Witch one should I select?
- An Microsoft Office collection or instruction to allow me to communicate with Excel.
- EasyLanguage SDK dll (did not found info on that yet).

Any info appreciate.

An happy and relaxing weekend to all

Martin

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Coding for MC 64 dll and Microsoft Office: Compiler to u

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 Jan 2013

Hello Martin,
- A compiler for Windows 7 64 to compile a 64 bit dll. Witch one should I select?
Microsoft Visual Studio is able to compile DLLs that are compatible with MultiCharts.
We have no problems with any version of VS in our environment.
- An Microsoft Office collection or instruction to allow me to communicate with Excel.
This information should be avaialble on Microsoft Developer Network
- EasyLanguage SDK dll (did not found info on that yet).
You need to use Plkit.dll to write 64 bit DLLs. This dll can be found in MultiCharts folder.

Return to “MultiCharts”