I've coded an utility and indicator for MC to plot Economic Events,
The resulting chart looks something like this:
I've re-exported the indicator to include the ELDateToString and ELTimeToString function which may not be installed on your MC installation...
NOTE: This indicator is based on ADE, which is based on ELCollections extension to TS, which is also compatible with the latest beta of MC (1.90.644.1126).
To install ADE / ELCollections / GlobalVariables you can refer to a prior post of mine:
The package is made of 3 parts:
- A .csv file containing the economic events, generated from the Econoday economic calendar: http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/ecalendar/index.html
You will find it in the EconodayScraper.zip file named "econoday-2006.csv"
- An utility to (re-)generate the above mentioned .csv file, this utility required the .net 2.0 runtime framework to be installed in advance
- The indicator
- TZOffset - Amount in hours (can be positive/negative) to offset the data for display, For example, in the example chart, I use the exhcnage time zone, so ET needs to be offset by "-1" for local MC
- Filename - Path to the .csv file. No istakes here or you have to reload MC
- DisplayTickOffset - Some configurable display offset to make sure economic events don't appear one on top of the other..
- DisplayTimeText - Prepend the time of the event to the text (useful when pltting events on high time frames charts (60m/120m)
- FontName - Font to use for the text
- FontSize - Guess....