Officail Release -- Price to purchase doubles

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
20 Pips

Officail Release -- Price to purchase doubles

Postby 20 Pips » 18 Feb 2007

hi all,

I am not one to gripe... But the moment I opened multicharts today it told me of an upgrade... So yes I had a look, and then checked the price.. And yes what was suspected it correct... The cost has doubled.. Why???

I haven't purchased this yet as it has been a project that has so many bugs it was unwise to spend the money... so all the phone calls to the call center, all the time doing bug reports all the money and time spent our end is now repaid with double the price...

Thanks multicharts... I still run TS as many indicators and code will not run correctly in multicharts... But heh, now its official I guess there will be no more problems or bugs.. .

thanks

Postby Guest » 18 Feb 2007

I was going to buy a second copy for my other computer. I haven't decided because I still have mixed feeling about the program.

Chris

Postby Chris » 18 Feb 2007

20 Pips,

it has never been a secret that the pricing of MC will increase in the future and the MC stuff always said that the current pricing at that time (i.e. 399$, though I remember the times when MC was priced with 99$ more than three years ago) always reflected the fact that the program was in beta status and not all of the functionality was available.
And the development will carry on, so will the functionality expand. Regarding the bugs - if you are a TS 8 user, you will notice that TS from time to time pulls official releases after a couple of days, because they are bugged (just happened with one of the prior builds this year). They still officially sell the TS 2000i for $2.399,40 and the ProSuite $4.799,40 in europe, but refuse to provide service for it, although the software is full of known bugs.

You'll never ever find any software that complex like TS or MC without bugs, this is not going to happen.

But that's where the support comes into play - and I bet that TS Support will have more capabilities now for fixing the known issues and they will fix them.

So compared to TS, you are paying much less for a software that is already way ahead - genetic optimization, second timestamps, auto trading with IB, ability to choose a data-provider your choice whithout needing OwnData (doesn't stand for TS2ki), a bigger variety on chart types - just to mention a few.

So in my humble opinion the price is still a bargain for what you get now and what you'll get in the future.

Chris

"Look inside bar" feature

Postby Guest » 18 Feb 2007

Hi,

i agree with the fact that bugs will ever exist. What is important is that they are solved.
But there is one feature that is still missing, for me it's essential in a back testing software, which is the "look inside bar" feature in TS. You can have alook at it at: http://www.TS.com/support/wha ... 710.aspx#4
MT also has it. It is essential otherwise the back tests will not be correct.
As long as multicharts doesn't have this feature it won't justify it's price, it's my opinion.
For instance AB at this moment has more capabilities than multicharts, and it only costs about $230.
When this feature is implemented i'll probably buy a multicharts licence but untill then i think its not there yet (i've seen a post where tssuport said it would be implemented in the future).
I hope it won't take long

Chris

Re: "Look inside bar" feature

Postby Chris » 19 Feb 2007

Hi,

i agree with the fact that bugs will ever exist. What is important is that they are solved.
But there is one feature that is still missing, for me it's essential in a back testing software, which is the "look inside bar" feature in TS. You can have alook at it at: http://www.TS.com/support/wha ... 710.aspx#4
MT also has it. It is essential otherwise the back tests will not be correct.
As long as multicharts doesn't have this feature it won't justify it's price, it's my opinion.
For instance AB at this moment has more capabilities than multicharts, and it only costs about $230.
When this feature is implemented i'll probably buy a multicharts licence but untill then i think its not there yet (i've seen a post where tssuport said it would be implemented in the future).
I hope it won't take long
Absolutely agree with you on the "look-inside-bar" back-testing.

Stanley Miller

Re: "Look inside bar" feature

Postby Stanley Miller » 19 Feb 2007

Absolutely agree with you on the "look-inside-bar" back-testing.
Please check this http://forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=3158

POWERHOUSE3

Re: Officail Release -- Price to purchase doubles

Postby POWERHOUSE3 » 19 Feb 2007

hi all,

I am not one to gripe... But the moment I opened multicharts today it told me of an upgrade... So yes I had a look, and then checked the price.. And yes what was suspected it correct... The cost has doubled.. Why???

I haven't purchased this yet as it has been a project that has so many bugs it was unwise to spend the money... so all the phone calls to the call center, all the time doing bug reports all the money and time spent our end is now repaid with double the price...

Thanks multicharts... I still run TS as many indicators and code will not run correctly in multicharts... But heh, now its official I guess there will be no more problems or bugs.. .

thanks
WOW, I too am amazed at the Double Price, like where did that come from?? Was actually going to purches the rites, but now will seek elsewhere, ty Multi Charts ...

Stanley Miller

Re: Officail Release -- Price to purchase doubles

hi all,

thanks
WOW, I too am amazed at the Double Price, like where did that come from?? Was actually going to purches the rites, but now will seek elsewhere, ty MultiCharts ...
It is strange that the increase in price came as a surprise. Long ago we mentioned that the price of MultiCharts would increase with each new version. It is stated on our website and is frequently discussed on this forum. Some customers purchased MultiCharts at as low as $99, others bought it at $199, and then it became $399. All these customers purchased the option and helped us during the development process. They will receive all future updates for free. The current price is $799 but the gold release will cost at least $1200, perhaps even more. If somebody is confused with the fact that some bugs still remain and MultiCharts doesn’t have some functionality, you can wait for next versions but the price will be appropriate for the product of such level.

Stanley Miller

P.S. All customers who took the trial version before the 18th of February can purchase MultiCharts for $399. Please contact us directly at support@tssupport.com for further instructions.

Postby Guest » 20 Feb 2007

P.S. All customers who took the trial version before the 18th of February can purchase MultiCharts for $399. Please contact us directly at support@tssupport.com for further instructions.
how about those who wants a spare copy for a second computer?

Postby Guest » 20 Feb 2007

how about those who wants a spare copy for a second computer?
cancel that request. I am not that cheap, I can afford full price.

Return to “MultiCharts”