Quotes with decimal numbers are not displaying on charts from Excel through Universal DDE. Quotes with whole numbers display correctly. This problem can be recreated with the following steps:
1. Create a symbol using universal DDE connected to Excel. Make sure the symbol connection test passes.
2. Create a new chart in MC using this new symbol.
3. Enter '25' into the referenced Excel cell. This value displays correctly on the chart.
4. Enter '25.5' into the referenced Excel cell. This value does NOT show up on the chart.
The symbol can be set to realtime status 'online' in QM and both decimal and non-decimal numbers correctly increment the 'x received' indicator. However, only non-decimal numbers show up on a chart. I have played around with the symbol properties such as 'settings', 'sessions', etc. to no avail. This setup worked correctly in the previous non-beta version.
BETA-UDDE/Excel not displaying some quotes on chart
Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
I tried to reproduce the situation in the new beta and entered first 25 and then 25.5 into the referenced Excel cell. But both values were displayed correctly (please see the attached screenshots). Could you post some screenshots illustrating your point?
- DDE Excel.zip
- (215.78 KiB) Downloaded 121 times