opentick data

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
aljafp

opentick data

Postby aljafp » 02 Sep 2007

I tried opentick with the exact same symbols as shown in the MC tutorial...
I tried, MSFT and select exchange Q....

But MC complains that i need to create the exchange Q first ?... huh ?... Why does the tutorial not work ?

thanks

Sergee

OpenTick data

Postby Sergee » 03 Sep 2007

ajafp, please consider the answer to your question on this page: forum.tssupport.com/viewtopic.php?t=4251

The same applies to OpenTick.

gautama2

Postby gautama2 » 27 Oct 2007

Hello,
i created an OpenTick account and got the symbols into QM.
But when trying to chart a symbol and despite of QM telling that i am connected, i get the message "Data feed couldn't be loaded.
I tried also the two ports 10010 and 10015 for the free data that i signed up for.
Attachments
tssmc015.JPG
(184.62 KiB) Downloaded 813 times
tssmc016.JPG
(95.77 KiB) Downloaded 849 times

gautama2

Postby gautama2 » 27 Oct 2007

It's okay, it works now.
I had to Edit symbols and put in manually OpenTick as datasource.
This is not logical, as i added symbols with "Add Symbol - from Datasource - OpenTick" and it should be automatically inserted in Symbol Properties. I Added about 200 symbols and have now to edit each single symbol and put the correct data source into the properties wndow.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 29 Oct 2007

Hello,

When you added those 200 symbols from OpenTick did you have OpenTick as the data provider in QuoteManager field Data Source? Or was the Datra Source field empty for those 200 symbols? Did you reinstall the program before you got the error? Did you change anything in the settings before that?

gautama2

Postby gautama2 » 29 Oct 2007

I added them via CTRL-ALT-O in this window. Picture attached.
Attachments
tssmc017.JPG
(52.19 KiB) Downloaded 809 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 29 Oct 2007

Robert, after you added the symbols was the Data Source column empty in QuoteManager window (in the window where all the symbols, their exchange, category, datasources etc shown) or did it show otfeed?

gautama2

Postby gautama2 » 29 Oct 2007

Hello Marina,

the Data Source column was empty.

Regards
Robert

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 30 Oct 2007

Hi Robert,

Normally, the situation you're describing is only possible when you disable the Data Provider. Is it possible that after you added the symbols from OpenTick you disabled it? Because that would keep the symbols leaving the datasource field empty.

gautama2

Postby gautama2 » 30 Oct 2007

Hi Robert,

Normally, the situation you're describing is only possible when you disable the Data Provider. Is it possible that after you added the symbols from OpenTick you disabled it? Because that would keep the symbols leaving the datasource field empty.
Yes this is possible. Thanks for the hint. I disabled it to save volume of my mobile datastream and later enabled it again.
But it should not change the settings in the symbols. That it does, is a bug in my eyes.

Regards
Robert

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 31 Oct 2007

Hello Robert,

To be able to plot data for a symbol its data provider must be enabled. In the current realization, when you disable a data provider it is no longer will be shown while the symbols from this datafeed are displayed. Strictly speaking, this is wrong and might lead to user mistakes.

In future MC versions, symbols whose datasource is disabled will be either greyed out or won't be displayed at all.

gautama2

Postby gautama2 » 31 Oct 2007

Hello Robert,

To be able to plot data for a symbol its data provider must be enabled. In the current realization, when you disable a data provider it is no longer will be shown while the symbols from this datafeed are displayed. Strictly speaking, this is wrong and might lead to user mistakes.

In future MC versions, symbols whose datasource is disabled will be either greyed out or won't be displayed at all.
Main point is, that user doesn't have to edit lots of symbols by hand after data provider is enabled again. If this can be handled, then everything is okay :)

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 01 Nov 2007

Hi Robert,

Normally there will be no changes in the symbol properties when you enable/disable the datasource. Usually, when the data source is activated again it is shown for its symbols and they can be plotted without any problems.

I am not sure why you had to edit those symbols manually. When you enabled the data source again, was it displayed for the symbols added automatically earlier? (because this is what normally happens and we have never been reported any difficulties involved in that).

Regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”