Drawn objects get messed up changing local -> exchange ti

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Nick

Drawn objects get messed up changing local -> exchange ti

Postby Nick » 29 Oct 2007

Drawn objects seem to be anchored to a time that corresponds to the displayed time. This means that if you change the chart time from exchange to local or local to exchange then drawn objects are in the wrong places. Really they should be anchored to the same absolute bar time. I guess an alternative would be to scan the list of objects and change the time on those as well as on the bars.

Cheers,

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 29 Oct 2007

Hi Nick,

You are right - the drawn objects do change their places when the time is changed from exchange to local and vice versa. The reason is that the drawings need to be tied to certain bar characteristics and for now the only characteristic we have been able to tie them to is the bar time.

We will think how this could be changed, I can't give any estimate on when this could be possible done.

Nick

Postby Nick » 06 Nov 2007

Thanks,

One thought is that perhaps it could be tied to bar number however I guess if you add extra days the bar numbers would change - similar problem. Perhaps date and bar number within the day?

There are work arounds but it is sometimes nice to just 'switch on' the overnight session to see if a channel established yesterday was broken in out of hours trading. Or to draw levels that might have been established over night. Once this is done you may well want to 'switch off' that session with the lines intact.

Actually that raises another issue you might have a line anchored to a bar that is no longer displayed!!! More food for thought.

Cheers.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 08 Nov 2007

Dear Nick,

Thank you for the post. I will pass your comments on to our software engineers so that they could think if there is anything that could be done.

Regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”