downloading IB intraday data

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Simon Lont

downloading IB intraday data

Postby Simon Lont » 09 Nov 2007

Hi @,

Every time I start up Multicharts it's downloading all the historical data from IB. This seems a bit unnecessary. Is there a setting or some other way save the downloaded data so that I can view the charts when I'm not connected for example.

Best regards,

Simon

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 09 Nov 2007

Hi Simon,

All the data that you receive from the data feeds is stored locally onto your computer. This data can be accessed when you are in the offline mode.

Just go to File -> Preferences -> Data Server Mode and check the Offline option. After that, when you plot history the data will be taken directly from the storage instead of being requested from the data feed. Note: To plot real-time don't forget to change the Server Mode back to Online and I want to download missing data...

Regards.

Simon Lont

Postby Simon Lont » 10 Nov 2007

Hi Marina,

When I do this (turn to offline mode) I don't receive my ascii data. When I refresh the chart(CRL-R) I get the message "no data"

Regards,

Simon

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 12 Nov 2007

Hi Simon,

To receive data from a data source - including ASCII mapping - you need to be online. Because this data is taken from the data source - not from the storage.

Best regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”