Mc 32bit to 64bit/Database conversion

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
JMH

Mc 32bit to 64bit/Database conversion

Postby JMH » 26 Apr 2014

To anyone who can assist me here: I am currently running the latest ver. of Mc 8.8 R3/32 bit. 64 bit windows OS. I want to use the 64 bit ver, however after reading the tutorial on the conversion of the database from 32 to 64 , this not is not crystal clear in any sense....https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... abase_Size, this is the link I'm given for the database conversion, where in this instruction does it say; "if your using 32 bit & want to convert your database to 64 bit follow these steps".........When you read the top portion of the link in particular the Note under step 6.......... then you go to the bottom of the page where it states important info:
I'm obviously in the #1 camp here, been using this platform sine 2005......so someone please explain in simple terms how this is done.......Thanks in advance for your help........

JoshM

Re: Mc 32bit to 64bit/Database conversion

Postby JoshM » 27 Apr 2014

I'm obviously in the #1 camp here, been using this platform sine 2005......so someone please explain in simple terms how this is done.......Thanks in advance for your help........
I think you misread the wiki page.

If you're using this:
I am currently running the latest ver. of Mc 8.8 R3/32 bit.
The wiki says:
Database files from any 32-bit version, starting with MultiCharts 8.0 Beta 1 can be used in any 64-bit version, starting with MultiCharts 8.0 Beta 1 and vice versa without any transformation.
In other words, since your current 32-bit version is higher than MC 8.0 Beta 1, you don't need to do any transformation of the database.

Follow the steps in the How to backup user data article for how to export the data in your 32bit database and import this in the database of the 64bit installation.

Return to “MultiCharts”