Stock charts have stopped updating using TWS standalone

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Harvey Wallbanger

Stock charts have stopped updating using TWS standalone

Postby Harvey Wallbanger » 06 Jul 2015

I recently took some time off and find that none of my daily charts were updating anymore, even though I can get all the symbols on IB TWS. Before 4 June, I had no problems with the charts updating.

In response I have updated the stand alone TWS to the latest one (Build 950.2g) that offers an API connection, and uipdate to the latest Java (1.8.0_45). Perhaps as a result I can now get forex symbols, in the form of AUD.USD to update. But still no luck with stock symbols that, I repeat, I can get directly in TWS.

The green light is on at the bottom right corner of the workspace that shows the un-updated charts. Control R is no help either. Data server mode is set to download data. Of course symbols appear in quote manager as previously all were charting correctly.

Kindly advise.

TJ

Re: Stock charts have stopped updating using TWS standalone

Postby TJ » 06 Jul 2015

I recently took some time off and find that none of my daily charts were updating anymore, even though I can get all the symbols on IB TWS. Before 4 June, I had no problems with the charts updating.

In response I have updated the stand alone TWS to the latest one (Build 950.2g) that offers an API connection, and uipdate to the latest Java (1.8.0_45). Perhaps as a result I can now get forex symbols, in the form of AUD.USD to update. But still no luck with stock symbols that, I repeat, I can get directly in TWS.

The green light is on at the bottom right corner of the workspace that shows the un-updated charts. Control R is no help either. Data server mode is set to download data. Of course symbols appear in quote manager as previously all were charting correctly.

Kindly advise.
For situations like this, the best help you can get is to use Live Chat:
https://www.multicharts.com/support/contact/

JoshM

Re: Stock charts have stopped updating using TWS standalone

Postby JoshM » 07 Jul 2015

Kindly advise.
Have you checked your IB Market Data subscriptions? IB cancels these for you if you've been inactive for a while to prevent incurring fees, but I'm not sure if these are automatic re-enabled when you become active again.

It might explain why you can get forex symbols in MultiCharts to update (=free market data) and stock symbols not (requires paid market data subscription).

Return to “MultiCharts”