9.1 Beta / Local Sim Broker

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
TA100

9.1 Beta / Local Sim Broker

Postby TA100 » 23 Jul 2015

The local Sim broker in 9.1 Beta is great so many thanks to all at MC for the continued development.

I do have a question about the Local broker Sim - how to attribute different accounts to different charts - it seems a number of Sim accounts can be created but how can one select strategy A to sim on Account_1 and Strategy B to Sim on Account_2 ?

Thank you
Last edited by TA100 on 07 Aug 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: 9.1 Beta / Local Sim Broker

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Jul 2015

Hello MichaelS,

In order to use the Paper Trader profile for auto trading you need to go to Format->Strategy Properties->Auto trading tab->Select broker plugin->select the Paper Trader profile->go to Settings-> select the account you need. You need to do that for each chart you are using for auto trading.
When you save the workspace these settings will be saved as well.

In order to use the Paper Trader profile for manual trading you need to select the Paper Trader profile in the window you are using for trading:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... al_Trading

TA100

Postby TA100 » 24 Jul 2015

Hello MichaelS,

In order to use the Paper Trader profile for auto trading you need to go to Format->Strategy Properties->Auto trading tab->Select broker plugin->select the Paper Trader profile->go to Settings-> select the account you need. You need to do that for each chart you are using for auto trading.
When you save the workspace these settings will be saved as well.

In order to use the Paper Trader profile for manual trading you need to select the Paper Trader profile in the window you are using for trading:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... al_Trading

Hi Henry,

Thank you for the information. I've now set up 2 MC's and run a number of local broker sims and have some observations -

1- When loading multiple chosen accounts to the chart(s) the account chosen isn't always the one traded to though its easier if one uses 1 account for multiple symbols rather than multiple accounts for same symbol..

2- Though the bid ask manual entry box is initially populated by quotes from local broker they soon disappear when a strat is automated.

3- Initialising Paper trader takes 60 seconds and platform freezes for that time.

4-The reporting for Paper Trader using 'today' doesn't actually return any details and I can't figure out where else any reports may be. There is also no listing for individual orders (despite entries throughout the day) but maybe that is due to there being no quotes or another issue somewhere.

5. Using the function bidsize and asksize is cpu intensive and gives errors - then an order backlog of arrives. I've been waiting to copy the error message but in principle there is 'no reply' to an order which is similar to the same error message using TS Link.

Thanks

Michael

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 27 Jul 2015

1- When loading multiple chosen accounts to the chart(s) the account chosen isn't always the one traded to though its easier if one uses 1 account for multiple symbols rather than multiple accounts for same symbol..
Hello Michael,

I'm not sure I am following. Please attach full sized screenshots demonstrating this inquiry.
2- Though the bid ask manual entry box is initially populated by quotes from local broker they soon disappear when a strat is automated.
Are you referring to the Trade Bar or the chart trading panel? Which data provider and instrument do you use?
3- Initialising Paper trader takes 60 seconds and platform freezes for that time.
This is something that will be improved in MultiCharts 9.1 Beta 2.
4-The reporting for Paper Trader using 'today' doesn't actually return any details and I can't figure out where else any reports may be. There is also no listing for individual orders (despite entries throughout the day) but maybe that is due to there being no quotes or another issue somewhere.
Are you using the Trading Performance Report or Trades Summary in the Order and Position Tracker window?
5. Using the function bidsize and asksize is cpu intensive and gives errors - then an order backlog of arrives. I've been waiting to copy the error message but in principle there is 'no reply' to an order which is similar to the same error message using TS Link.
Please come to our live chat to demonstrate this behavior.

TA100

Postby TA100 » 28 Jul 2015

Thanks Henry - replies below within your questions
Hello Michael,

-I'm not sure I am following. Please attach full sized screenshots demonstrating this inquiry.
See Attached -Pressing 'OK' does not always FIX the account
Are you referring to the Trade Bar or the chart trading panel? Which data provider and instrument do you use?
Please come to our live chat to demonstrate this behavior.
Have not seen this issue again since 'not' using bidsize/asksize
Attachments
Fix Account.PNG
(2.43 KiB) Downloaded 624 times
NoBidAsk.PNG
(6.08 KiB) Downloaded 618 times
No_Reports.PNG
(7.68 KiB) Downloaded 597 times
Last edited by TA100 on 07 Aug 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Jul 2015

See Attached -Pressing 'OK' does not always FIX the account
What do you mean by FIX the account?
- OEC, @FDax See Attached
By default OEC accounts are limited to 5 simultaneous realtime data subscriptions. If you have hit this limititation - you should see the corresponding message in Order and Position Tracker Logs tab/QuoteManager Event Log.
Trades Summary window - see pic, tried to run a report for today but no details
Please make sure the "From-To" filter is configured correctly. Pay attention to the Time value, it is often the culprit.

chinapassage

Postby chinapassage » 25 Sep 2015

curious how to reset the trade execution lines/markers on your chart after you have reset the sim account? ... i was testing out sim and i like the lines/markers but once i reset the sim account need them to reset ... as well reset in the trade analysis window. any help appreciated i have tried to go in the MC folder and delete different things in storage etc to see if that would help but that doesnt work ... thank you~!

UPDATE:
figured it out with some help.... goto C:/programdata/TSsupport/Multicharts64/TradingCenter and delete the storage folder .... make sure and have MC shut down when you do this or wont work.

hope that helps anyone...

Return to “MultiCharts”