Automate Export of Watchlist Data

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
jpxkjnet

Automate Export of Watchlist Data

Postby jpxkjnet » 21 Jan 2016

Hello

Currently we manually export Watchlist data to excel by opening a workspace, waiting for the symbols to load and then selecting Export to Excel. We do this everyday and we want to automate it using Multicharts.net.

We would like to do one the following:

1. Create a custom C# application where we can load the Workspace, and automatically it will wait for the symbols to load and export them to a Excel. (actually a CSV as in Multicharts)

2. Create a custom C# that automates Multicharts to execute the mentioned steps and generate the CSV file from the workspace.

Is any of these options possible using the MultiCharts .NET? I have checked the Multicharts .NET Programming Guide but I did not find anything related to this.

Kind Regards

JoshM

Re: Automate Export of Watchlist Data

Postby JoshM » 23 Jan 2016

Just wondering; are you present at the workstation or not? Because you can of course automate the launch of MultiCharts .NET and its workspace and then close the program automatically, but what if there's a data issue? Or a pop-up box that ask to re-enter the data feed credentials? Or if there's an internet/DNS issue that prevents the computer from contacting the data feed's servers? Or what if the data feed servers are temporarily down for maintenance? What if MultiCharts cannot verify the license and only historical data is available?

If you want to automate this process completely, you'll also need to address all those situations and more like them.

But if you are present at the workstation, then why not make an indicator that exports the data to .csv files? In that case your workflow might be: start MultiCharts, get a cup of coffee or do something else, come back and check if the watchlist populated with data and close MultiCharts.

I don't mean to criticise your idea of creating a custom C# application because that sure has it uses, but it just seems to me a little bit overkill for this usage case.

jpxkjnet

Re: Automate Export of Watchlist Data

Postby jpxkjnet » 25 Jan 2016

Hello

Thanks for your answer.
But if you are present at the workstation, then why not make an indicator that exports the data to .csv files? In that case your workflow might be: start MultiCharts, get a cup of coffee or do something else, come back and check if the watchlist populated with data and close MultiCharts.
Actually that is what we do manually and we want to automate it so we can get the exported CSV files without any manual intervention. Is that possible?

Regards

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”