How to view portfolio trades on the chart?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
idodo

How to view portfolio trades on the chart?

Postby idodo » 18 Apr 2020

Hi All,

when using Portfolio Trader backtest , I can see the list of trades in the Performance Report.
How can I see the trades on a chart?

When using "Normal" Chart (not Portfolio) , clicking on a trade in the Performance Report will show it on the chart.
Where can I view the Portfolio Trader instruments charts?

Thanks,
Ido

Vlada MultiCharts

Re: How to view portfolio trades on the chart?

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 01 May 2020

Hello Ido,

Unfortunately, Portfolio Trader doesn't have such function. Charts can not be built based on the pack of instruments used in Portfolio Trader.
The solution here is to create charts for the same instruments in MultiCharts and apply the same strategy you have in Portfolio Trader. Then you will see these trades on the chart and will be able to view the report for it in View -> Strategy Performance Report.
Last edited by Vlada MultiCharts on 04 May 2020, edited 1 time in total.

idodo

Postby idodo » 01 May 2020

Hi Vlada,

Well the problem is that I need to debug the MMS (Money Management Signal).
For example I use 2 Stocks on my Portfolio Trader. MMS with the following condition:
If I have open position so I block the other stock

So, how can I know (see on chart) that it is blocked?
How can I debug/Review my MMS and Portfolio strategy??

Thanks,
Ido

Vlada MultiCharts

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 04 Jun 2020

Hello Ido,

The Money Management Signal is available only in Portfolio Trader. Unfortunately, it can not be indicated on the chart since there is no such function to create charts from Portfolio Trader.

You can review your strategy using regular debugging means. For example, use the Print keyword in the key parts of your code. Then in Portfolio Trader apply the strategy you would like to test -> click Forward Testing.
Then, open Portfolio Performance Report (View -> Portfolio Performance Report) -> Trade Analysis tab -> List of Trades. Here you can see all your positions and use this for strategy analysis.

Return to “MultiCharts”