GTC strategy orders?

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
MikeFFG

GTC strategy orders?

Postby MikeFFG » 11 Nov 2020

Hi - I'm trying to figure out how to enter GTC stops and targets in a strategy both for backtesting and execution. I looked around and found this info on this forum and the wiki:

To specify the TIF open Strategy Properties. Then go to Backtesting tab and select Fill limit order when trade price goes beyond limit price by … points, and then the selection of TIFs will be activated.

However, this does not work for me. When I adjust that setting no TIF selections appear or become active. What am I missing? I'm using IB, and I thought I saw someone mention elsewhere that to change it during execution I adjust my settings in IB to default to GTC, but that did not work for me, nor does that solve the problem of backtesting?

Thanks!

MikeFFG

Re: GTC strategy orders?

Postby MikeFFG » 11 Nov 2020

Of course immediately after posting, I poked around more and found the GTC setting in the broker profile area for IB. So hopefully that solves it there but the question on backtesting remains?

Kate MultiCharts

Re: GTC strategy orders?

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 03 Aug 2021

Hello MikeFFG,

Thank you for pointing that out!

TIF setting is no longer available in the Backtesting tab.
It is now specified by deault depending on the option selected there:
When Fill limit order when trade takes place at limit price or better option is selected, GTC (Good-Till-Canceled) will be set.
When Fill limit order when trade price goes beyond limit price by X points option is selected, DAY time in force will be used.

We've updated the info in our Wiki.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”