Multicharts integration with stock brokers

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Abhi

Multicharts integration with stock brokers

Postby Abhi » 01 Jun 2021

This is just a wish list and you may ignore my comments. I am not aware of what Multicharts roadmap is and if the management has any thoughts on the stock market. There could be many hindrances like manpower and negotiation with stock brokers for integration of Multicharts with stock brokers.

I just feel that Multicharts platform being such a useful and flexible tool, it's popularity is being limited to the futures market. Personally, I was in futures market and then I switched to stock market as I have found some success there there. But I still use Multicharts with DTN IQ feed for my custom indicators on the stocks.

If we see the trend, stock market is more popular than futures market and more and more retail traders are joining there.

Multicharts platform should leverage on it and offer the platform as an alternative platform to stock brokers...

It's a win win situation... retail users will be aware of Multicharts and more retail traders will be willing to buy the platform...

The multicharts lifetime licence is a very attractive deal for retail traders....

Again, having said that I am not aware what is Multicharts roadmap as I see Tradingview (the other product from the same management) is now very popular in the stock market.

Vlada MultiCharts

Re: Multicharts integration with stock brokers

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 03 Jun 2021

Hello Abhi,

Thank you for your feedback.
At the moment the following brokers that provide stocks are supported in MultiCharts:
CQG (infrastructure), Interactive Brokers, Saxo Group, IWBank, Webank and Bloomberg. (Check here to view full list of supported brokers).

Are you willing to connect a particular stock broker?

Abhi

Postby Abhi » 04 Jun 2021

Hi Vlada, Nice to hear from you after a while. Hope you are well and safe.

I have an account with Interactive Brokers and I connect Multicharts with IB. But Interactive Brokers are not the popular choice with retail traders anymore. In fact none of the above mentioned ones (except for Interactive Brokers) are popular choices with retail traders. I think Saxo Group, IWBank and Webank use Interactive Brokers platform to provide stock brokerage services. They are like "Introducing Brokers" to Interactive Brokers.

The popular choices for stock trading these days are
Guardian Trading
CenterPoint Securities
Cobra Trading
Robinhood
TastyWorks

I can do some more research and find out more. Happy to be a volunteer for a good cause.

The above mentioned brokers don't have their own platform or have platform that are not as powerful and flexible as Multicharts. They provide their platform services via 3rd party tools like Sterling Trader or DAS Trader. These 3rd party tools charge $120+ for month from retail traders to trade on them.

Multicharts platform can build synergy with the above stock brokers and gain popularity just like what Multicharts did with AMP brokers in the futures market.

Agreed, it will be a slow and gradual progress to build the new synergies but I think it will be a right step for Multicharts to become popular in the stock market also.

There are more retail traders in the stock market than in futures market. The recent popularity of meme stocks like Gamestop, AMC, Blackberry is attracting more retail traders to the stock market.

The potential benefits to enter stock market and sell the platform services is very high. Probably, the Multicharts management need to think about it.

Just my two cents. Thought I would share my opinion as I think it will benefit Multicharts.

No pressure :-)

rc76

Postby rc76 » 04 Jun 2021

Hi Vlada,

Yes, both TastyWorks and TD Ameritrade connection will be super awesome.

Stocks and Crypto have super strong demands and MC super suits for them!

Cheers

TraderGuy

Postby TraderGuy » 05 Jun 2021

What's needed is a zero commission stock broker. IB is not a great option for many with their commission structure and fees.

rc76

Postby rc76 » 08 Jun 2021

I've reached out to Tastyworks about their API to connect to MC, and this is their response:

Thank you for reaching out - I am happy to help. We are currently working on APIs to be used with third-party software, there is no concrete release date on these quite yet, we are hoping it will be before the end of the year. We will certainly be making an announcement when this feature is ready to be released. I apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Emmanuel

Postby Emmanuel » 09 Jun 2021

If the broker have an API, it is possible to develop a connection to send the order directly to the broker without going through MC.

Otherwise depending on the broker, it is possible to connect through Excel via XSLGate http://xlsgate.com/
or sharedVar https://fx1.net/sharedvar.php

It would be better to develop with the Multicharts Data API and Multicharts Broker API. But it is not accessible financially.
I can do some more research and find out more. Happy to be a volunteer for a good cause.
Me too , I would be happy to volunteer, there is hundreds of developer available in the community

With those API, the community would develop much more connection for free, and this would bring many more customer to Multicharts.

Vlada MultiCharts

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 29 Jul 2021

Hello everyone,

Thank you for sharing your suggestions for the new brokers.
I have reported this info to our Engineering Team.

Abhi

Postby Abhi » 31 Jul 2021

Hello everyone,

Thank you for sharing your suggestions for the new brokers.
I have reported this info to our Engineering Team.
Cheers Vlada!!!, thanks a lot.

Vlada MultiCharts

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 10 Aug 2021

Hello,

Please vote for the desired stock brokers here:

Guardian Trading
CenterPoint Securities
Cobra Trading
Robinhood
TastyWorks

Our Engineering Team monitors the Project Management resource, so we'll consider adding brokers that are highly voted.

rc76

Postby rc76 » 12 Aug 2021

Hi Vlada, is there any chance we can add TD Ameritrade to the list? Thank you!

Vlada MultiCharts

Postby Vlada MultiCharts » 12 Aug 2021

Hello,

Our team is already in the process of developing a plugin for TD Ameritrade.

Abhi

Postby Abhi » 12 Aug 2021

Hello,

Our team is already in the process of developing a plugin for TD Ameritrade.
Brilliant!!!!! Thanks Vlada for the update.

Abhi

Postby Abhi » 29 Jan 2022

Don't know if Multicharts is aware, Ctrader now offers FIX API connections details on their website for platforms to connect to.

Ctrader is for forex, popular stocks, bonds, indices like SPY, DAX, NASDAQ and what is good is that data is free.

Integration will allow Multicharts to offer free data on the popular instruments to customers making it more attractive. What is cool about Ctrader is all the brokers affiliated to CTrader (IC markets, pepperstone, roboforex...) allow shorting of stocks as they are CFDs.

https://help.ctrader.com/fix

Ctrader.png
(37.72 KiB) Not downloaded yet

conxentra

Postby conxentra » 01 Feb 2024

I've reached out to Tastyworks about their API to connect to MC, and this is their response:

Thank you for reaching out - I am happy to help. We are currently working on APIs to be used with third-party software, there is no concrete release date on these quite yet, we are hoping it will be before the end of the year. We will certainly be making an announcement when this feature is ready to be released. I apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime.
TastyTrade's (formerly TastyWorks) API has been released:

https://support.tastytrade.com/support/ ... 3000700385

ToS/TDA has a larger user base and already has an API. Integration with TDA (now Schwab) was previously in the works. Is it still happening, as is it currently on hold pending Schwab making the API accessible again?

https://developer.tdameritrade.com/cont ... 023-update

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”