Does QuoteManager take max-request/s for IQFeed into account?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Jupp25

Does QuoteManager take max-request/s for IQFeed into account?

Postby Jupp25 » 10 Jan 2022

Hi,

I really have a hard time collecting the initial 180 days tick-data data for a bunch of symbols, takes for ages.
I was wondering, if QuoteManager takes into account whatever limitation there might be for IQFeed (I read something of 25 requests per second) so historical data gets pulled a good as possible, or is there also something I could/should do, in means by limiting the number of symbols at a time I want to download?
Is there a detailed description of the way historical data-download actually works? I could`nt find anything.

Also: can I be shure, that when Quotemanager states "finished", that everything really is complete? just asking ;-)

Chris

Gregorian

Re: Does QuoteManager take max-request/s for IQFeed into account?

Postby Gregorian » 10 Jan 2022

Excellent question. If you look at the feed stats on the IQFeed app, it rarely exceeds 3 KB/sec, even during heavy historical data download requests, so it must be being throttled. I have tried IQFeed with NT in the past, and I seem to recall historical data downloads were slow with that, too, so it may not be MC doing the throttling.

Jupp25

Re: Does QuoteManager take max-request/s for IQFeed into account?

Postby Jupp25 » 10 Jan 2022

@Gregorian:
I`m not shure how much the numbers differ, my TSServer.exe is at 6KB/s

well these guys discuss about it, so on the IQFeed side somewhere between 25 and 50 requests/s
http://forums.iqfeed.net/index.cfm?page ... picID=5832
but they also seem to use there own other software for the downloads.

I just installed QCollector for DTN and those downloads seem alot faster. But then I dont have the data in MC, so no good for a generell switch.
Thats why I was thinking if QuoteManager might dont care about the IQ limits and for that is being slowed down.

At the end it`s however it is, but I would like a description, so I have a chance of adjusting my own behavior.

Chris

Return to “MultiCharts”