Recent Avast problems known? - do I need a alternative?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Jupp25

Recent Avast problems known? - do I need a alternative?

Postby Jupp25 » 18 Mar 2022

Hi,

recently my QuoteManager freezes, at least its scrolling capabilities. Also my historical download jobs dont finish in theirs usual duration.

My recent tests point to Avast as the problems source. Nothing has changed in my setup, everything MC related is on the exception list, so it would need to be due to Avast update? QuoteManager seems fine when Avast is turned off. Anybody else experience such problems? How can I corner the problem more precise, because System-Explorer actually doesnt show any unusual numbers.
Is avast the prefered security to use with MC or does experience show to use something different?

Thx
Chris

Jupp25

Re: Recent Avast problems known? - do I need a alternative?

Postby Jupp25 » 18 Mar 2022

shoot, its not Avast I quess, freezing also happens when its turned off.

This freezing happens after some time of collecting historical data, without doing anything else.
It is reproduceable though. If I start a historical download of lets say 100 instruments and abort that after the download was running for 10min., then the QuoteManager takes a while to rebuild the screen and if I want to scroll, it moves a bit and freezes. After a short while it unfreezes, but freezes right away if I start scrolling again.
That status stays, even after 30min. QuoteManager hasnt finished whatever its disturbed by. Only fix is, to restart QuoteManager.

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Recent Avast problems known? - do I need a alternative?

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 18 Mar 2022

Hello Chris,

When the issue is reproduced, please send us the report as described below so we could investigate what caused it. It is important to collect it at the moment when the issue is reproduced, before MultiCharts is restarted.

Here is how to do that:

Please send us logs and dumps using the Feedback application. You can access it through Windows Start Menu -> MultiCharts folder -> Feedback. In the Feedback window please select:
Attach a screenshot;
Attach Log files…;
Attach minidumps…;
Upload collected data to help desk; and click Send.

If the Feedback is not accessible, please make dumps using MC Dumper.

Return to “MultiCharts”