Specifying account to trade for IB Advisory account

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
firemag

Specifying account to trade for IB Advisory account

Postby firemag » 02 Nov 2022

I have an IB advisory friends & family paper trading account and want to sim test automated strategies. However, whenever a strategy fires off a signal in MC, TWS warns that the signal will be applied to all 5 sub (client) accounts. I have tried numerous changes to the IB profile in MC under "Financial Advisor Settings" -- from setting Single Account Allocation and specifying the account to creating Automatic Allocation Group (and setting the group up in TWS).

And, yet, when TWS receives the signal it applies it to ALL the 5 client accounts and creates orders for each one, not just the one that I specified in MC.

How can I configure MC (or TWS?) so that it applies the trade to the account configuration I specify in MC?

Polly MultiCharts

Re: Specifying account to trade for IB Advisory account

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 03 Nov 2022

Hello firemag,

Please make sure you set Single Account Allocation for your strategy in Strategy Properties->Auto Trading tab->Broker plug-in section->click on the Gear Icon next to IB->Financial Advisor Settings tab, not only in the Manage Broker Profiles Window.
If it doesn’t help, please contact IB directly, as order allocation is not performed on MultiCharts end. When the orders are sent to IB, they are managed by the broker.

firemag

Re: Specifying account to trade for IB Advisory account

Postby firemag » 03 Nov 2022

Hello firemag,

Please make sure you set Single Account Allocation for your strategy in Strategy Properties->Auto Trading tab->Broker plug-in section->click on the Gear Icon next to IB->Financial Advisor Settings tab, not only in the Manage Broker Profiles Window.
If it doesn’t help, please contact IB directly, as order allocation is not performed on MultiCharts end. When the orders are sent to IB, they are managed by the broker.
Thank you, Polly! I had overlooked the gear tool setting for each strategy. Now all works as expected.

Return to “MultiCharts”