Autotrade "Require Order Confirmation" setting accessible from EL?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Luto

Autotrade "Require Order Confirmation" setting accessible from EL?

Postby Luto » 03 Nov 2022

Hi All,

Is there a way to toggle the Autotrade "Require order confirmation" setting from within EL?

Scenario:
Have MC autotrade without confirmation up to a certain time of day or other criteria. (Easy to do and already setup).
Then afterwards, have the same code execute, generating entry and exit orders, BUT have the "Require order confirmation" set to ON.

I live where the market opens too early to trade on regular basis and usually an up and prepared to trade a few hours after the open.

I came across .at_toggle, which would be in the same category of functionality, albeit a higher level function, but was unable to find the documentation for it. So I could not find if there was an "at.confirmation" type function.

Thanks in advance.

Polly MultiCharts

Re: Autotrade "Require Order Confirmation" setting accessible from EL?

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 04 Nov 2022

Hello Luto,

Unfortunately, there is no option to access the "Require Order Confirmation" setting from your code. You can check this box manually but please note that each time when one or more orders are generated, a New Order dialog box will appear in the center of the desktop that may lead to delays in strategy calculation and order sending.
You might want to try manual trading or if you want to continue using auto trading, you will need to adjust your code to make it meet your needs.

Return to “MultiCharts”