MultiCharts .NET 14.0 Release 7

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Kate MultiCharts

MultiCharts .NET 14.0 Release 7

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 07 Feb 2023

MultiCharts .NET 14.0 Release 7 build 24560 is out now!

This release features the highly requested Binance .US data source and broker profile as well as overall fixes and improvements.

You can check the change log in our blog.
>>>Go to Download page<<<

wzero

Re: MultiCharts .NET 14.0 Release 7

Postby wzero » 08 Feb 2023

This version can't display IB NYMEX symbols such as CLH3.
The error message is "No security definition has been found for the request; for CLH3;NYMEX;FUT;USD"
My TWS version is Build 10.21.1m
I roll back to MC.NET 14 R7 solved this issue.

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 08 Feb 2023

This version can't display IB NYMEX symbols such as CLH3.
The error message is "No security definition has been found for the request; for CLH3;NYMEX;FUT;USD"
My TWS version is Build 10.21.1m
I roll back to MC.NET 14 R7 solved this issue.
Hello wzero,

The behaviour is not reproduced on our end in the release this thread is dedicated to - MultiCharts .NET64 Version 14.0 Release 7 (Build 24560).
CLH3 is plotted successfully. Please see the attached screenshot.
CLH3 MC14 R7.png
(72.97 KiB) Not downloaded yet
IB TWS version used is Build 10.21.1n, Feb 7

The "No security definition" message might appear if the symbol has incorrect parameters. To make sure they are correct, please try re-adding the symbol in QuoteManager -> Instrument -> Add Symbol -> From Data Source and opening a new chart for it.
If that doesn't help, please send us some screenshots to demonstrate the issue you're having and specify the build where it occurs (main MultiCharts window -> Help -> About MultiCharts).

wzero

I have re-added the CLH3 symbol but it does not help. My Multicharts.NET64 is Version 14.0 Release(Build 24560).
The QuoteManager event log is
eventlog.png
(36.09 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The Watchlist below show no DataTime means no realtime data. However the chart can still show cached history data but does not update.
watchlist.png
(11.65 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I roll back to Release 6 this issue disappearred, Re-install Release 7 this issue is reproduced.

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 08 Feb 2023

I have re-added the CLH3 symbol but it does not help. My Multicharts.NET64 is Version 14.0 Release(Build 24560).
The QuoteManager event log is
eventlog.png
The Watchlist below show no DataTime means no realtime data. However the chart can still show cached history data but does not update.
watchlist.png

I roll back to Release 6 this issue disappearred, Re-install Release 7 this issue is reproduced.
wzero,

Please update your IB TWS to Build 10.21.1n, Feb 7.
Then restart all MultiCharts apps, open new charts for CLH3 and reload them (View -> Reload).

If the issue is reproduced, please send us logs for analysis via the main MultiCharts window -> Help -> Feedback.
Please select the options:
Attach a screenshot;
Attach log files…;
Attach minidump for crash analysis;
Snapshot of the current MC setup;
Open workspaces…;
Upload collected data to Help Desk;
uncheck other options and click Send.

wzero

I updated TWS to Build 10.21.1n but the issue still there.
I have send logs via Help->Feedback, please check.

jzshen

Postby jzshen » 22 Feb 2023

same problem here. I cannot get real-time quotes from instruments in COMEX NYMEX. Error messages are similar: "No security definition has been found...". However, Index futures are fine without any problems.

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 23 Feb 2023

Dear Users,

Our developers have managed to reproduce the behaviour on our end. It happens due to the time zone processing in the latest version of the IB API. We’re currently discussing it with the IB team.

In the meantime, there are two workarounds:
  1. Downgrading to MultiCharts .NET 14 Release 6. To downgrade, uninstall the current version first. To keep your user data, do not check the "Remove user data" box when uninstalling, leave it unchecked. You can also create a backup file before uninstalling to be on the safe side.
  2. Changing the PC time zone (right-click the PC time -> Adjust date/time) and IB TWS time zone (IB TWS login window -> More Options) to UTC-5 or UTC-6
We'll let you know as soon as there's any news.

wzero

Postby wzero » 23 Feb 2023

If the time zone is the cause, I resolve it by changing the time zone setting in TWS/API/Setting to either UTC or the product's time zone。

jzshen

Postby jzshen » 24 Feb 2023

MC.net installer seems to prevent direct downgrade. Could you tell me the process for downgrading, without data and setting loss. Since I have other trading systems running, changing system timezone setting isn't an option for me.

Thanks.
Dear Users,

Our developers have managed to reproduce the behaviour on our end. It happens due to the time zone processing in the latest version of the IB API. We’re currently discussing it with the IB team.

1. Downgrading to MultiCharts .NET 14 Release 6
  2. Changing the PC time zone (right-click the PC time -> Adjust date/time) and IB TWS time zone (IB TWS login window -> More Options) to UTC-5 or UTC-6

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 24 Feb 2023

MC.net installer seems to prevent direct downgrade. Could you tell me the process for downgrading, without data and setting loss. Since I have other trading systems running, changing system timezone setting isn't an option for me.

Thanks.
Dear Users,

1. Downgrading to MultiCharts .NET 14 Release 6
Hello jzshen,

I updated my previous post with the downgrade instructions.
To downgrade, uninstall the current version first. To keep your user data, do not check the "Remove user data" box when uninstalling, leave it unchecked. You can also create a backup file before uninstalling to be on the safe side.

jzshen

Postby jzshen » 15 Mar 2023

After upgrading to R8, I still cannot get real-time quotes for COMEX & CBOT. same error message"no security definition... "

btw, Im living in japan, do i have to modify some exchange settings in quote manager? How could i fix it?

wzero

Postby wzero » 15 Mar 2023

I have resolved this issue by changing the time zone setting in TWS/API/Setting to either UTC or product's time zone。
After upgrading to R8, I still cannot get real-time quotes for COMEX & CBOT. same error message"no security definition... "

btw, Im living in japan, do i have to modify some exchange settings in quote manager? How could i fix it?

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 15 Mar 2023

Hello jzshen,

R8 did not include the fix for this issue. Workarounds are suggested above.
We're still trying to cooperate with the IB team to get their comments on that.
We apologize for the inconvenience and assure you that we're doing our best to reach the solution.

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 15 Mar 2023

Dear Users!

After the discussion with the IB team, we’re happy to announce the solution.

To resolve the "No security definition has been found for the request" error in MultiCharts .NET 14 Release 8 (or Release 7), please apply the following setting in IB TWS/Gateway: Global Configuration > API > Settings > in the "Send instrument-specific attributes for dual-mode API client in" drop-down box select “instrument timezone”.

jzshen

Postby jzshen » 16 Mar 2023

Thanks for all the help.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”