Indicator overwrites file wrongly

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
amadeu1

Indicator overwrites file wrongly

Postby amadeu1 » 15 Jun 2023

Lets say I have a stock chart and I apply a signal and an indicator that writes out the PL line to a folder on the PC. This file I cannot delete from the folder unless I close the whole chart. The file is locked by Multicharts and cannot be used by another tool of mine to do further analysis. Is there a way around this ?

The second problem I found is that in the above example when I change a variable in the signal code it will overwrite my file. Then I change the variable back to the original and the indicator overwrites the file again. So the file should be exactly the same as the file that I created first -- but they are different sometimes. This happens when I have 50 charts open and each has the same signal and indicator. The indicator creates 50 files and then overwrites them. Some files are the same others differ sometimes. Has anybody encountered that ?

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Indicator overwrites file wrongly

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 20 Jun 2023

Hello amadeu1,

Please check the FileClose page for reference.

If that doesn’t help, please reproduce the behaviour in Offline mode and send the following files and info to our support email:
  1. Workspace where the behaviour is reproduced
  2. Export of used symbols (with data) from QuoteManager in a .qmd archive
  3. Exported scripts with all dependent functions that are used on the workspace
  4. Screenshots demonstrating the behaviour
  5. Step-by-step instruction on how to reproduce the behavior

Return to “MultiCharts”