SGX Free Quotes not updating in Scanner

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
seneca

SGX Free Quotes not updating in Scanner

Postby seneca » 26 Jun 2023

I pull EoD data for several international exchanges via Yahoo / Free Quotes, including AMS, ASX, BVMF, HKG, JSE, KRX, LSE, MEXI, NSE, OSL, SANSE, SGX, SHANG, SHENZ, SWX, TELSE, TSE.JPN and TWSE.
Works like a charm for all exchanges, except for SGX instruments, which do not update in the scanner and I have to manually update each chart.
This Issue has been persisting for years, and I assume it is caused on Yahoo side?! I have tried to add a script to the scanner with this code:
CommandLine(".rld")
But as the .rld command doesn't seem to be working for the scanner, I am still looking for a workaround.

Kate MultiCharts

Re: SGX Free Quotes not updating in Scanner

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 29 Jun 2023

Hello seneca,

To check Free Quotes data, you can compare it to the Yahoo website. If it’s updated there, but not in MultiCharts, please let us know.

As for reloading, we can suggest trying two options:
  1. Create a chart in the same workspace as your Scanner window and use an indicator with .rldw (reloads data on all charts in the active workspace).

Code: Select all

if getappinfo(aiCalcReason) = CalcReason_timer then begin CommandLine(".rldw"); end; RecalcLastBarAfter(86400);
  2. Use rescanning. Click “Show Pre-scanning”, add symbols into the pre-scanning section, set the scanning parameters and click “Rescan now”.

seneca

Re: SGX Free Quotes not updating in Scanner

Postby seneca » 06 Jul 2023

Thanks Kate. Rescanning does not seem to trigger a reload of the data. I will try the suggested solution with .rldw command when I update to MC14, as I understand it is not implemented in MC12.

Return to “MultiCharts”