Single order ID's in Rithmic bracket orders

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
automaton

Single order ID's in Rithmic bracket orders

Postby automaton » 13 Jul 2023

Can someone here from support please explain to me the routine MC uses with Rithmic to accomplish placing a bracket market entry order that displays three single order ID's for entry, stop, and target? Does it just take multiple fill events/prices and average them somehow allowing single order ID's for entire bracket? Just curious how it's structured as the entire bracket is complete within milliseconds.

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Single order ID's in Rithmic bracket orders

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 18 Jul 2023

Hello automaton,

Rithmic supports native OCO orders, so when you place them in MultiCharts, they get sent to the broker and are managed on the broker end further on. The ID is assigned by the broker to the OCO group, so it’s expected to see the same for all the orders in the group.

automaton

Postby automaton » 18 Jul 2023

Hi Kate

Looking at the RAPI+ logs generated within Multicharts, it appears this isn't how MC implements the bracket in Rithmic specifically. MC starts out with a naked market order followed by an OCO for stop/target. The market entry order is not associated to this OCO. Doesn't look as reliable.

Is there a particular reason why MC does this? I assume MC doesn't support OSO (one send other) where the stop/target is linked to the entry.

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 19 Jul 2023

Hi,

OCO groups consist of price orders only. It sounds like it was just a separate market order generated by your strategy or sent manually.

automaton

Postby automaton » 19 Jul 2023

Hi,

OCO groups consist of price orders only. It sounds like it was just a separate market order generated by your strategy or sent manually.
Well it was was definitely generated by my PL strategy as an intended OSO where entry fill send the OCO stop/target bracket.
How MC internalizes that and converts to execution code is a whole different matter. That's where my question was focused.
I guess it just is what it is. Appreciate your insight. Thanks Kate.

Return to “MultiCharts”