Asynchronous Stop Order Executed When Shouldn't Have

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
emonroedau

Asynchronous Stop Order Executed When Shouldn't Have

Postby emonroedau » 24 Jan 2024

Hello All,

Today, I had an order execute when it should not have. By this, I mean the chart does not show a trade but a trade was nevertheless executed.

The trade was a Stop Loss order. I have the strategy set to trade in Asynchronous mode with Stop orders set to be emulated locally using Trade and send a Market Order.

The stop loss executed after hours in that the chart was not receiving price updates at the time it executed.

Would someone be able to take a look at the attached screenshots of my auto trading setup and let me know what caused this? The only options that stick out to me are "Recalculate on Broker Events."

Thanks for your help!
Attachments
Screenshot_5.png
(50.41 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Screenshot_4.png
(3.34 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Screenshot_3.png
(7.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Screenshot_1.png
(9.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Screenshot_2.png
(24.93 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Asynchronous Stop Order Executed When Shouldn't Have

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 25 Jan 2024

Hello emonroedau,

In Asynchronous Mode strategy position, chart position and broker position should not be expected to match. So, the reason behind “the chart does not show a trade” is either that mismatch, or that the chart price has not reached the Stop Loss level.

As for “stop loss executed after hours”, it’s expected since there were no price updates as youmentioned. When updates started coming in, it got triggered and placed a real order that got executed.

emonroedau

Postby emonroedau » 25 Jan 2024

Hmmm.

So although I have stop orders set to be simulated locally and sent to my broker only when a trade occurs on the chart, and no trade occurred on the chart, an order was somehow sent anyway?

I don't see how that could happen. The reason I am simulating trades locally is so that they only execute when they do on the chart—for better or for worse. I don't want an order to be sent to my broker until the chart shows a trade.

Did I set something up wrong if this is how I want things to work?

Kate MultiCharts

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 25 Jan 2024

emonroedau,

The Price Order Emulation uses broker prices, not the prices you see on your charts.
So, the order was sent when the corresponding price was reached.

Return to “MultiCharts”