Adjust positions manually/match trades from broker

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
BD.

Adjust positions manually/match trades from broker

Postby BD. » 02 Feb 2024

Hi, I had a following situation recently:
  • Placed market order (manually trade), placed limit order.
  • connection to broker lost
  • limit order executed
  • reconnected to broker
  • MC doesn't see limit order executed -> positions mismatch -> Performance summary messed up
Can I somehow make MC build a report from positions from broker/fix this somehow? I like numbers, I want to see them.

Polly MultiCharts

Re: Adjust positions manually/match trades from broker

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 02 Feb 2024

Hello BD.,

If the disconnection was long enough so that the broker profiles indicator turned red, there is no option for MultiCharts to see what happens during disconnection.
If the disconnection was short and the indicator turned yellow and got back to green, it depends on the broker and if the broker can provide information about active orders active before the disconnection.

BD.

Postby BD. » 07 Feb 2024

Is there a way to enter a missing order manually? One order messing up whole data for the length of a contract

Polly MultiCharts

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 08 Feb 2024

BD.,

There is no option to enter a missing trade in the Order and Position Tracker manually, I'm afraid.

The only workaround here is deleting all the Order and Position Tracker History. If you’d like to do that, please close all the MultiCharts components and make sure no processes are left in TaskManager, go to C:\ProgramData\TS Support\MultiCharts64\TradingCenter\ and delete the Storage folder.
Please note that this folder contains all the data from the Order and Position Tracker, so if you do need this data please do not delete it.

Return to “MultiCharts”