Cannot change Studies Directory path

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Talky_Zebra

Cannot change Studies Directory path

Postby Talky_Zebra » 09 Mar 2024

I am trying to switch my studies path to a location for backup, as suggested in this EXCELLENT set of tutorials: https://www.tradingcode.net/multicharts ... t-scripts/

Support team: When I try to change the path in the application preferences, I get the error "User doesn't have enough administrative privileges to perform this action", which is not true in my case. I am the administrator of the workstation I am on, and I unchecked "Read Only" from the directory permissions and applied to subfolders.

When trying to run as administrator, the application just shuts down on its own before it can display a window. There was a message in lower right corner of the screen, but it also closed before I could read it. There are no traceable events in the Event Viewer

Is there another permissions setting I should try?

Kate MultiCharts

Re: Cannot change Studies Directory path

Postby Kate MultiCharts » 12 Mar 2024

Hello Talky_Zebra,

We do not recommend using cloud storage as a MultiCharts directory. MultiCharts is designed to work with files and folders stored locally.
You can create regular backups using our Backup app, which has a scheduler option. After the backup files are created, you can move them to your cloud to store.

In general, if you get errors about ‘administrative privileges’, you’ll need to configure permissions for all MultiCharts system folders for all users: right-click the required folder → Properties → Security tab. I’d recommend looking up Windows guides on it online.

Talky_Zebra

Re: Cannot change Studies Directory path

Postby Talky_Zebra » 12 Mar 2024

Thanks Kate, I did not know about the Backup app. I will look into it.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”