Quote Manager - Customized Data Export

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Qantivar

Quote Manager - Customized Data Export

Postby Qantivar » 17 Mar 2024

Is there a way to export from Quote Manager in resolutions other than the default options available in the GUI?

I have a few tools in my workflow that require data precisely as it appears on a chart, for instance, a 17-minute chart with a custom session applied as a random example.

So far, the only options I'm aware of are to set up individual charts and export from each one, build a signal/function to do this, or post-process data exported from Quote Manager in bulk.

I'd be comfortable post-processing the data, as this way, I can automate it if I can understand the rules/logic on how sessions are applied to chart data from QM. I have multiple symbols I need to do this for.

I appreciate any insights. I was expecting to be able to customize export options from QM, but it doesn't look like that's supported.

Thanks,
QV

Polly MultiCharts

Re: Quote Manager - Customized Data Export

Postby Polly MultiCharts » 20 Mar 2024

Hello Qantivar,

You can export data from QuoteManager in different resolutions (Tick, Minute, Daily) and data types (Ask, Bid, Trade). You can export all data for a specific period of time and Time Zone but the sessions are not taken into account when exporting.

You can export data directly from a chart and in that case resolution, sessions and time zone will be taken into account. You can do that via File → Export Data. For more info please see this page.

Also you can export data into a file using an indicator and Print, for example:

Code: Select all

Print(File(path),arg1, arg2, ...);
It will also export the data only within a session applied.

Return to “MultiCharts”