This IS just terrible TSSUPPORT

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Januson

This IS just terrible TSSUPPORT

Postby Januson » 18 Nov 2008

After spending endless hours writing and debugging an indicator, it was compiled and in use at a regular day - I was very happy!

Yesterday I should write yet another indicator, I thought I would borrow some loops etc. from my above masterpiece, so I just opened it and did some quick editing to get all the vars out and so. I finally cut out the neccesary part, closed the indicator ofcause without saving it, as it was a mess.

AND WHAT HAPPENS NOW? I DONT F.... BELIEVE IT, sorry my bad language, but my masterpiece is suddenly uncompiled and when I opens it, it looks exactly like the mess THAT I DIDN'T SAVE!

HOW CAN THAT BE?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 28 Nov 2008

Hi Januson,

PLEditor never saves changes unless you tell it to do so or compile the indicator you're working with. The only possible explanation for the situation that you are describing is that you probably pressed F3 (compile) somewhere in the process of making changes to your masterpiece indicator.

TJ

Postby TJ » 28 Nov 2008

I am using PE v3.0

this is the situation I found:

1. I made changes to a study...
2. I did not compile it
3. I did not save it
4. I close PE without first removing the study from PE
5. PE did NOT ask if I want to save the modified study
6. PE would AUTOMATICALLY save the study for me
(under the same name! i.e. overwriting my study.)

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 28 Nov 2008

Hi TJ,

We have never witnessed a similar problem. If you could show it to us via remote connection, please contact our customer support representatives via LiveChat.

Thank you for your assistance.

Return to “MultiCharts”