Indicator scaling effects chart scaling

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
miltonc4

Indicator scaling effects chart scaling

Postby miltonc4 » 25 Nov 2008

Hi Support
The other problem that never seems to get addressed is that the scaling of an indicator in MC directly affects the prices scaling i.e. the price will be compressed to see all plots on the chart.
Any thoughts when this might be fixed
Thanks Milton

TJ

Postby TJ » 25 Nov 2008

This feature has been "promised"...
This is such BASIC thing for a charting program... :-(

pls see my request: (with illustration)
http://www.tssupport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4468

RobotMan

Postby RobotMan » 25 Nov 2008

Hi guys,

I actually like the way it is. I just write my indicators to only "turn on" when the price gets within so many points that I preset as an input. In the ES on a dead day, I can set that for 2 -3 points, and on a wild day I can set it for 10 points. If I always want them on, I just set them for 9999 points. I especially like it for predetermined support and resistance levels.

If the screen never scaled for the indicators that are "on", then I would never see them in time to set targets. Although I suppose if there was an option in "Format Window" for a generic "Indicator Sensitivity Offset" then that would work too.

Just my 2 cents.
Bob Perry
Los Altos, CA
Attachments
IndOffSet.jpg
(46.68 KiB) Downloaded 669 times

TJ

Postby TJ » 25 Nov 2008

Hi guys,

I actually like the way it is. I just write my indicators to only "turn on" when the price gets within so many points that I preset as an input. In the ES on a dead day, I can set that for 2 -3 points, and on a wild day I can set it for 10 points. If I always want them on, I just set them for 9999 points. I especially like it for predetermined support and resistance levels.

If the screen never scaled for the indicators that are "on", then I would never see them in time to set targets. Although I suppose if there was an option in "Format Window" for a generic "Indicator Sensitivity Offset" then that would work too.

Just my 2 cents.
Bob Perry
Los Altos, CA
Nobody ever said it should be "OFF" all the time.

MC should have an option to allow the chart to scale to price, not just to indicators only.

RobotMan

Hi TJ,
MC should have an option to allow the chart to scale to price, not just to indicators only.
That would work. You could keep the checkmark on and maybe set a upper and lower margin amount and I would keep the checkmark off.

Bob Perry
Los Altos, CA

ABC

Postby ABC » 25 Nov 2008

RobotMan,

it should have an option to either switch it on and off per chart.

Attachments
Screenshot - 25.11.2008 , 19_27_17.png
(22.14 KiB) Downloaded 661 times

RobotMan

Hi ABC,

Yes, that looks like the perfect solution.

Bob Perry
Los Altos, CA

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 26 Nov 2008

Hi everybody,

The feature that you are talking about will be available in the upcoming 5.0 beta 3 version.

In addition to that, beta 3 will allow overlaying two symbols with different price scales. Dragging a data series on top of another will not result in a wider price scale.

Finally, it will be possible to define how many points a price scale should have above and below the latest price.

Best regards.

TJ

Postby TJ » 26 Nov 2008

whoopi !

miltonc4

Postby miltonc4 » 26 Nov 2008

Excellent
Milton

brodnicki steven

Postby brodnicki steven » 26 Nov 2008

Hi everybody,

The feature that you are talking about will be available in the upcoming 5.0 beta 3 version.

In addition to that, beta 3 will allow overlaying two symbols with different price scales. Dragging a data series on top of another will not result in a wider price scale.

Finally, it will be possible to define how many points a price scale should have above and below the latest price.

Best regards.
Marina : You said "Finally, it will be possible to define how many points a price scale should have above and below the latest price. "

* Instead of points, maybe what % above or below the last price, might be a better option, since points will change with every tradeable.
p.s.- beta 3 sounds great ! when is it due ?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 27 Nov 2008

Hi Steven,

At first we wanted to do it with % as well. The problem is that this solution will have its problems as well.

However, we'll consider implementing this type of price scale in future.

Regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”