QuoteManager won't add many valid IB ETF symbols  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Capitalist

QuoteManager won't add many valid IB ETF symbols

Postby Capitalist » 13 Feb 2011

I can't seem to get QuoteManager to add many valid IB ETF symbols. It finds and adds FXI, but not ILF. It finds and adds EWC, but not EWZ. Since I can get it to add some symbols, I don't think I have made some stupid newbie mistake, but using the exact same procedures I can't get it to add at least 50% of the valid ETF symbols I have tried.

A related question: When QuoteManager successfully looks up an ETF symbol (say EWC) it returns a list with entries for all of the exchanges on which the ETF trades, plus "Smart" and two IB algorithms. Which of these entries should be added to QuoteManager? In IB TWS, I would normally add "Smart" to see quotes from all exchanges, but if I need to see auction data it has to be added using the listing exchange (typically ARCA). What is the preferred choice in MultiCharts?

TJ

Re: QuoteManager won't add many valid IB ETF symbols

Postby TJ » 13 Feb 2011

I can't seem to get QuoteManager to add many valid IB ETF symbols. It finds and adds FXI, but not ILF. It finds and adds EWC, but not EWZ. Since I can get it to add some symbols, I don't think I have made some stupid newbie mistake, but using the exact same procedures I can't get it to add at least 50% of the valid ETF symbols I have tried.

A related question: When QuoteManager successfully looks up an ETF symbol (say EWC) it returns a list with entries for all of the exchanges on which the ETF trades, plus "Smart" and two IB algorithms. Which of these entries should be added to QuoteManager? In IB TWS, I would normally add "Smart" to see quotes from all exchanges, but if I need to see auction data it has to be added using the listing exchange (typically ARCA). What is the preferred choice in MultiCharts?
make sure you get the correct "root" code from IB.

Capitalist

Postby Capitalist » 13 Feb 2011

TJ,

Thanks for your response, but I am pulling the symbols directly from what works in my IB Trader Workstation, so I am pretty sure I have got them right. These are equity symbols (ETFs), so I don't think "root" codes apply.

Please try it yourself using the examples I listed above and let me know whether you are able to automatically add ILF (Latin America ETF) or EWZ (Brazil ETF).

Gtradz

Re: QuoteManager won't add many valid IB ETF symbols  [SOLVED]

Postby Gtradz » 13 Feb 2011

I'm seeing the same issue. Adds some ETF's, but not others.

Dave Masalov

Postby Dave Masalov » 14 Feb 2011

Dear Sirs,

Please make sure to install the following update: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8222

Return to “MultiCharts”