How to search PM by Category (also change Priority)

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

How to search PM by Category (also change Priority)

Postby bowlesj3 » 19 Jun 2011

Maybe someone can answer these two questions.

How do I get a list of all submitted feature-requests/bugs (by category) so I can determine if there are any items I might want to vote for. I want to start with charting because that is an area I use. I will skip over areas like "execution of orders" which I do not use.

Also, how do I change a priority on one of my PM submissions from normal to high? At present the one I wanted to change it seems I had to submit a comment hopping it would be changed for me.

Thanks,
John.

bowlesj3

Re: How to search PM by Category (also change Priority)

Postby bowlesj3 » 19 Jun 2011

I would like to add some ideas to this thread.

Maybe Project Management should have a category within the Project Management system. In addition maybe even the forum could have a category. That way I could submit these ideas into the system itself.

Here are some other Project Management feature TSS might want to consider:

1/ allow users to list items they have not voted for yet (within the categories they are interested in - including project management).

2/ Allow user to have email sent to them when new feature requests are submitted so they can do a review to decide if they want to vote for them.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 19 Jun 2011

2/ Allow user to have email sent to them when new feature requests are submitted so they can do a review to decide if they want to vote for them.
That's a great idea. Not only does it help to keep track of new feature requests, but more importantly, it helps to keep track of known bugs which might be relevant to the user, and perhaps prevent some 'reinventing the wheel'.

Regards,
Josh

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 20 Jun 2011

It just occurred to me that there is a more important reason for users to consider have email sent to them when a new feature request comes in. They may have concerns with a feature request if, in some way, they can see it removing a feature they use. If they are notified and can submit their concerns in the comments then it helps them keep their feature and could save TSS a lot of wasted programming work in that maybe they can add in the new feature in such a way as to not remove the old feature (in most cases as an option I would think). The Getactive commands comes to mind. With the GetActive commands it worked out in the end but maybe TSS would have found it easier if they knew in advance.

Stan Bokov

Postby Stan Bokov » 20 Jun 2011

For now you can't sort by category or pull up specific reports on, say, Charting alone. PM is not perfect at this point and it would need to be improved down the road to allow for these additional features.

bowlesj3

Postby bowlesj3 » 21 Jun 2011

I agree it would be an improvement when most users (myself included) think to themselves, "If I have to wade through several hundred feature requests and bug entries on a lot of areas I am not interested in then I am probably better to wait for that Project Management improvement before I go searching for things to vote on (saving myself at least an hour each time I do it). It is the same with notifying people via email if they want notices of new feature requests. If you want a better indication of what people will vote on, it needs to be smart enough to select by categories such as (playback, charting, execution, scanner, etc) so you do not send them emails they do not want. It is very much like my suggestion to make MC modular. Not everyone uses every feature so you can save them and the computer time if all your computer design takes that into consideration. So if you do make MC modular it should line up with the same categories you have in the Project Management. The one exception I can think of at the moment is if you put "Project Management Improvements" into the Project Management system itself. Obviously it would be the same if you put forum improvements into the Project Management system. I guess it is goes without saying that once these features are there people need to be made aware of it and why they might consider getting involved in voting via the above two mentioned methods (searching and email notice). Being able to get a list of things we have not yet voted for would encourage second scans through somewhat because our needs often change.

Having said all that I think it is currently a lot better than the old forum threads/posts method (pretty obvious actually). It is really nice to get a fixed email from the Project Management (COOL!). I think it would be just as great to get Feature idea emails in areas we use and know we can easily let TSS we are also interested with our vote. I am curious what language(s) are used for it.

Return to “MultiCharts”